spc
uniqs
TierX
join:2009-01-20
Canada

TierX to clarknova

to clarknova

Re: telus contractor took my modem!

Btw, since I can probably assume you live out west, I'd recommend a 7.x firmware for the 516v6.

We use modern 2+ dslams out west (instead of the Stinger garbage Bell dummy's use) that are ADSL2+ Amendment 3 compliant, so if you want to benefit from a 24k interleaver and extended framing parameters, you need to get a 516v6 firmware that is 7.x (I believe 7.2 added support for 24k interleaver).

7.x firmwares are DMT hostile, but the 24k interleaver allows you run very high INP with minimal interleaver delay. From the CLI you can check what INP you are coming up with.

On a related note, we are soon pushing for wide deployment of SRA+PhyR profiles. Though the Speedtouch can't do PhyR, SRA seems to work fine in 7.4.4.7, and adds significant stability.

clarknova
join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB

2 edits

clarknova

I managed to install 7.4.3.2. I downloaded a 7.4.4.7 release and although I can see it uploading through tftp, the modem comes back online without the upgrade. Any suggestions?

edit: found it on speedtouchforum.de. The way to pick your VPI/VCI is a bit screwy, as all you get is a choice of 3 providers. Telus users will want to choose the first of these, 'K-Net', which will give you the 0.33 value that you need on the second bridged interface.

Oh, and you were absolutely right, my jitter has gone way, way down with the 7.4.4.7 firmware. Wow, that's nice. Thanks again.