spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jave

join:2009-11-13

[Internet] Cellpipe 7130 line stats

Does anyone know how to access/view the line stats (such as sync rate) for the Cellpipe VDSL2 modem? When I had the 2Wire modem, there was a hidden page for viewing this. Anything similar for the cellpipe?

Used to have full 25Mbit down, 6.5-7Mbit up when I first got FIBE25 and now the up has been reduced to 3.5Mbit and was told my sync rate is ~4000kbps and that there is nothing they can do since they don't guarantee speed.

Am I wrong in thinking that that only applies to the varying conditions such as distance and quality of lines? Neither of those have changed for me since I live in a new area with all brand new lines and doubt they have deteriorated in the last couple months.
Expand your moderator at work

freejazz_RdJ

join:2009-03-10
kudos:1
reply to Jave

Re: [Internet] Cellpipe 7130 line stats

If you search this forum you will find several threads where people have got their stats from the webinterface of the cellpipe. I don't have one, so I can't say. But it is possible and well described in the forums here.

Search is you friend.

Jave

reply to Jave
I have searched and the only thing I've found is that some people seem to have it visible and some don't as mentioned in this thread:

»Re: Who's the first to try Fibe 25?

Anyone that has it accessible that can figure out the code on how it pulls the info to display on that page?

freejazz_RdJ

If you look at the source for the page in question you can see the rate information. Just right click on the page with the truncated VDSL2 status and choose view source or page source.

As per this post:
»Re: Who's the first to try Fibe 25?

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to Jave
Just look at the source of this page.

»192.168.2.1/util_adsl.html

Jave

reply to Jave
Thanks all!

freejazz_RdJ

What are your speeds after all?

Jave

said by freejazz_RdJ:

What are your speeds after all?
At work now so I can't check till I get home but the Bell CSR tech told me upstream was something like 4072kbps which sounds about accurate for the speeds I'm getting. Downstream is fine and I'm getting the full 25Mbit but from looking at the Bell Direct forum it sounds like I'm not the only one with slow upstream on Fibe 25.

Jave

reply to Jave
Got home and checked, downstream was correct at 26928 kbps but upstream at 4076 kbps. Called Bell and got someone in Canada by luck. Problem fixed in under 5 minutes. The CSR just set the rate correctly on his end and it now shows as 7904 kbps which is correct.

He said the system can automatically set the rate lower if it detects issues with the line so that may have been what happened. I think this may have started after I powercycled the modem many times in a short time period which might've upset the system and it lowered the sync rate?

freejazz_RdJ

said by Jave:

He said the system can automatically set the rate lower if it detects issues with the line so that may have been what happened. I think this may have started after I powercycled the modem many times in a short time period which might've upset the system and it lowered the sync rate?
I wasn't aware Bell had this type of system in place. There are many providers globally that use automated line management systems to adjust profiles to a stable rate. I know that in the UK, British Telecom's system does lower the profile after multiple resync within a certain period.

At least you got a competent person helping you. I would probably have just lived with the problem rather than calling in.
Expand your moderator at work