uniqs

hurfy
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Spokane, WA

hurfy to Insder

Premium Member

to Insder

Re: netflix: How many devices at one time?

Although I will say I find it weird that Netflix charges me tax (8.99 * 6.25% sales tax is 9.55 a month), since I don't believe they are headquartered in Massachusetts, but oh well.
Pretty sure they have a warehouse in every state by now I can't imagine they don't have one in Boston at least.... any physical facility counts not just headquarters.

Just getting around to checking out the instant movies myself now that i finally dumped the old 640k DSL Not as much selection as i was hoping for with all their hype tho
Insder
There never was a second I in my name
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Salem, MA

Insder

Premium Member

said by hurfy:
Although I will say I find it weird that Netflix charges me tax (8.99 * 6.25% sales tax is 9.55 a month), since I don't believe they are headquartered in Massachusetts, but oh well.
Pretty sure they have a warehouse in every state by now I can't imagine they don't have one in Boston at least.... any physical facility counts not just headquarters.

Just getting around to checking out the instant movies myself now that i finally dumped the old 640k DSL Not as much selection as i was hoping for with all their hype tho
Valid point, I think they have a warehouse down in Worcester so yes, physical presence. Damn taxes! As for the instant view movies..the Starz partnership that Netflix has means they get a decent amount of movies about 3-6 months after DVD release..I find it handy for when I'm around and nothing is on TV. I primarily use it for TV shows though, I have found a TON of new shows that I love through Netflix.

As for Netflix not being worth it due to Hulu and OnDemand..I can hook up a Netflix player for multiple people and let them watch it by simply adding things to my queue and away they go. My parents use a Roku that I got them for X-Mas (80 bucks), my girlfriend uses her Wii with the disc, my brother uses his laptop, and I use my XBox 360 and laptop as well. Not all in the same house, obviously, but the fact that I can share my 10 dollar account between that many people so we have something to watch is priceless.