All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
KookyMan
join:2001-09-09
Clio, MI

KookyMan to xpkranger

to xpkranger

Re: Moving to Uverse from Comcast...any gotcha's?

I just was approached today by a ATT Contractor to 'sell' me on ATT UVerse as they just lit the fiber on my road.

I second the request for "Gotcha's" and must add something that concerns me which is the UVerse AUP/TOS. While I sometimes grumble(to myself) about Comcast's AUP/TOS, I have to admit I have heard some nasty things about ATTs. Specifically its against the AUP to talk off topic on a forum.

How strictly does AT&T actually enforce every letter of the aup, or is it simply there 'in case' and its the troublemakers they use it on?

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

1 edit

ArrayList

Premium Member

said by KookyMan:

Specifically its against the AUP to talk off topic on a forum.
AT&T has no business with what I do on a forum unless it is their own.

I have U-Verse and am now going to start talking about baseball. Anyone watch the cubs game today?

boy i hope that AT&T doesn't hit me with a AUP/TOS violation. jk

As for gotcha's... My install was pretty straightforward. Just make sure your within 3500ft from the VRAD, I believe that is the distance. The installer will mess around at the VRAD and outside your house at the NID until they are able to get a good signal to the NID, then they will hook up the RG(Router Gateway). The RG is the modem. From there it depends on if you have tv or phone service as well. I haven't had either of those and can't comment on their install. If you have a good installer you will be fine.

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

Dennis to KookyMan

Mod

to KookyMan
said by KookyMan:

I have to admit I have heard some nasty things about ATTs. Specifically its against the AUP to talk off topic on a forum.
Where in the TOS does it say anything about that???
KookyMan
join:2001-09-09
Clio, MI

KookyMan

said by Dennis:

said by KookyMan:

I have to admit I have heard some nasty things about ATTs. Specifically its against the AUP to talk off topic on a forum.
Where in the TOS does it say anything about that???
It appears its been updated.. I remembered an article about it a year plus ago. (After researching, it was the TOS as implemented in 2007, which actually stated(paraphrased):
AT&T the right to suspend your account and all service "for conduct that AT&T believes"..."(c) tends to damage the name or reputation of AT&T, or its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries." )

Is the current TOS/AUP at this address: »www.att.com/u-verse/att- ··· internet It mentions an AUP ("Incorporated by reference" to a URL that no longer exists). If it is, let me ask: Is there anything in the AUP that says you can't run a server? (Web or otherwise?) I can't find it but it seems everything I search for regarding AUP or TOS sends me to redirects back to the main page.