uniqs
share rss forum feed

mikesterr

join:2008-04-18
Atco, NJ
reply to asdfghjklzx5

Re: Destined to fail

said by asdfghjklzx5:

The model of buying a phone and then shopping for carriers will never work in the U.S. until the government gets involved and mandates that all carriers use the same type of network (GSM or CDMA) and same frequencies.
Maybe I'm wrong but isn't that exactly what will happen since all carriers are moving to LTE ? Or does the voice part still stay on the old respective GSM/CDMA networks?

asdfghjklzx5
Premium
join:2004-05-03
kudos:1

2 recommendations

said by mikesterr:

said by asdfghjklzx5:

The model of buying a phone and then shopping for carriers will never work in the U.S. until the government gets involved and mandates that all carriers use the same type of network (GSM or CDMA) and same frequencies.
Maybe I'm wrong but isn't that exactly what will happen since all carriers are moving to LTE ? Or does the voice part still stay on the old respective GSM/CDMA networks?
I'm not an expert on what's going on regarding carriers and what technologies they are adopting. All I know is that the current system is a clusterf**** of consumer unfriendliness.
--
"You do know that OS-X is built on BSD, which is a derivative of Unix. So in essence, you are still using Linux." --gregz

mikesterr

join:2008-04-18
Atco, NJ

All I know is that the current system is a clusterf**** of consumer unfriendliness.
AMEN

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

said by mikesterr:

All I know is that the current system is a clusterf**** of consumer unfriendliness.
AMEN
I second that
AMEN

patcat88

join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY
kudos:1
reply to mikesterr

said by mikesterr:

LTE STILL doesn't have a voice standard. I'm not sure whether the first LTE phones will ever be firmware upgradeable to have LTE Voice, or the LTE Voice circuit must burnt into hardware (CPU consumption/latency), or we will wind up with a format war with phones having 2-3 different LTE voice implementations DVD -/+ style.