spc
Search similar:

uniqs
billmcc1280
join:2005-01-13
Decatur, TN

billmcc1280

Call Forwarding Issue

As you all know from my previous post I had another BRI installed at my house. I tried to use a lucent superpipe 155 to no avail. Could be bad I do not know. I did however setup a Cisco 2600 with a 4 port BRI. 256 bonded is nice indeed. But I lost my analog phone.

I called AT&T and had call forwarding setup on my line so I could forward my phone number to a magic jack. They added the option and I tried 72# which is what I was told the code was to initiate call forwarding. This is what I get. I dial 72# and it immediately rings 1 to 1.5 times then the operator says "the call could not be completed, please hang up and try again" I have looked up and tried all variations of the * and # codes for call forwarding with the exact same error. I called AT&T. They have verified that everything is configured properly on their end.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on here? I am on touch tone. I have tried all my routers with pots. Cisco 804, Netgear rt338, and the superpipe as the pots works just fine on it. Seems that is the only thing that works on the lucent lol. I have also tried two different phones with the same results. I am starting to think bad luck follows me.

AT&T offered two options.
1. Have a technician come out with a digital butt set and try to forward with it. Which costs about 80 bucks to roll the truck and X per hour. If it turns out there is still a problem at AT&T it will not cost me but if it works I have a hefty bill.

Option 2. I mentioned this and they agreed. I buy an ISDN Phone and try with it. If it does not work then call them back and they would pursue it further.

I am really tired of buying equipment lately and wanted to know if anyone else has run into this.

Thanks!

bbwithdrawls
join:2008-08-30
Vanleer, TN

bbwithdrawls

is the magic jack # LOCAL to your isdn # ???, with ISDN you have to purchase additional long distance ( UGGGG )

regardless it should forward and you shouldnt have to pay extra for it

Cant wait to tell ATT goodbye !
billmcc1280
join:2005-01-13
Decatur, TN

billmcc1280

Yeah. Very local. Problem is that I am not getting to the point of adding any number to forward to. The second I hit the # key after 72 it starts ringing and then to the error. I should get a triple dial tone or a prompt to enter the number to forward to. I googled the error and always come up with a forwarding error that means the package is not installed on your line. But AT&T swears it is. I have talked to linemen, Switch guys, Translations, whoever they are and business support. They all say everything is good. One thing with me and troubleshooting is that I am very thorough before I finally post to a forum. By that point I think everybody goes well he tried that already lol!

Stupid Superpipe! Sorry, had to vent on that thing a little. If it worked then I would not have a problem at all lol!

Guess I will buy a true ISDN phone and hook it up and check. Anyone in southeast tn have one?

Thanks!

bbwithdrawls
join:2008-08-30
Vanleer, TN

bbwithdrawls

Ill bet that because your lines are tied up and in use that's the reason , i don't know if there;s something in the config that you could add to drop a line when a incoming call comes in , if not it will just show busy when you get a call , I have the 3 com pro TA and they do it automatically

Ill bet cisco does not know how or you have to tell it to drop a line

before i go the extreme of an isdn phone take a look at phone power here on dsl reports , nice inexpensive VOIP option that comes with an adapter to use and plug your analog lines in

but magic jack should do the same thing ??