Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

james1

join:2001-02-26
reply to cdru

Re: How is this even legal?

said by cdru:

Ah, so it's not an unjust law that the civil disobedience is towards, it's a company's release schedule and desire to make money.
It's civil disobedience towards copyright law which is in place to the sole benefit of publishers and the detriment of the public at large and artists themselves.

I'm not going to convince you otherwise, in this matter people have already made up their mind and no amount of reason or logic will change their minds, so I'm not going to bother discussing this matter with you any further.
--
said by Metatron2008:

But people who download thousands of movies and games.... Yes, they are as bad as any murderer

robertg1234

join:2004-04-19
Palo Alto, CA

said by james1:

said by cdru:

Ah, so it's not an unjust law that the civil disobedience is towards, it's a company's release schedule and desire to make money.
It's civil disobedience towards copyright law which is in place to the sole benefit of publishers and the detriment of the public at large and artists themselves.
Unfortunately it's The Law. Much as we hate it. And it's lemmings like us who allow Congre$$ to be bought into ... err ... pass those laws.

I regularly practice civil disobedience. I don't go to the movies. I don't buy any new music. I limit my video purchases to under $10 for Bluray ($5 for DVD), and I keep a 1-item Netflix acct.

I have a Tivo with lots of movies I prefer to keep. And TV shows in which I edit out commercials (download/upload via pyTivo and hand edit). And once cable becomes expensive, I'll cancel and keep those movies and shows on my Tivo to watch.

The RIAA/MPAA can sue and sue all they want. They have scared me away from it all for sure.

They just have also scared me away from other legitimate choices also.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1

said by robertg1234:

And TV shows in which I edit out commercials (download/upload via pyTivo and hand edit). And once cable becomes expensive, I'll cancel and keep those movies and shows on my Tivo to watch.
I don't think that's 100% Kosher
--
standard disclaimers apply.