All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
stevesdc
join:2010-05-18

stevesdc to rcnman

to rcnman

Re: [TIVO] New Link to Register your RCN TIVO on TiVo.Com

That URL redirected me to a "standard" TiVO registration page without any special RCN link; I entered the number and my email address but received no message back to consider registration. What should I do next?

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy

thanks for the help Jason...I was finally able to register this morning
said by stevesdc:

That URL redirected me to a "standard" TiVO registration page without any special RCN link; I entered the number and my email address but received no message back to consider registration. What should I do next?
I also didn't receive my confirmation message on my Tivo box right away...after waiting for 30 minutes I followed the troubleshooting tip on the Tivo site which got everything working:

If you have not yet received your message, please follow these troubleshooting steps:

1.Wait 10 minutes from the time you pressed the button on the previous page.

2.On your DVR, go to 'TiVo Central' > 'Messages & Settings' > 'Settings' > 'Phone & Network' > 'Connect to the TiVo service now.'

3.Wait for the connection to complete. The connection can take anywhere from 5 minutes to several hours to finish. For help with connecting to the TiVo service, see How do I connect to the TiVo service?

4.Once the connection has completed, wait an additional 5 minutes for the message to be processed.

5.Press the TiVo button on your remote control, and your message should be displayed. You can also find it by going to 'TiVo Central' > 'Messages & Settings' > 'Messages.'

6.Read the message and enter the "special confirmation phrase" below.