share rss forum feed

lynxexp

join:2010-08-17
kudos:1
reply to HankStorm

Re: Official Comcast blog about new SA guide

said by HankStorm:

said by HankStorm:

Any updates on deploying the new guide to the RNG boxes in Central PA? Other than the vague early October previously communicated.
We'll finally get it next week.
TONIGHT IS GO ON THIS!

HankStorm

join:2010-05-26
York, PA
said by lynxexp:

said by HankStorm:

said by HankStorm:

Any updates on deploying the new guide to the RNG boxes in Central PA? Other than the vague early October previously communicated.
We'll finally get it next week.
TONIGHT IS GO ON THIS!
Excellent! Thanks for the update.

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
Let us know how it goes on your RNG box.

Comcaster101

@comcast.net
S25 launched on all RNG boxes in York and Williamsport this morning between 3 and 6 am. And for everyone wondering what the difference between 25 and 25.2...25.2 is supposed to be the firmware update that fixes bugs like DVR recording all episodes, even if the settings are for new only. VOD search is now part of moto a28, and will likely be part of the future s28, along with the ability to remotely set your DVR from the Comcast.net channel guide and iPhone app (this will only work for those with RNG200's as the 8300's aren't capable or this feature). I think I hit most of the speculations that I saw here. Reply with any more I may have missed.

Oh, and the link for sa customers is www.Comcast.com/meetyourguide

HankStorm

join:2010-05-26
York, PA
reply to The Q
The new guide looks good. Only had a few minutes to check it out this morning. Will play with it more after work tonight.

nhemti

@lanxtra.com
reply to Camaro305
Got a call yesterday that an update to my on screen guide would be occurring between 12a-6a this morning. Woke up about 630a to find my box on channel 2. Went to turn everything on with my Harmony remote and it turned the box off, so I turned that back on and it hung at the blue boot screen for a couple minutes. Then the good old SARA guide popped up and greeted me.

I guess we'll see if anything changes between now and when I get home.

StevenG
Premium
join:2003-10-14
Atkinson, NH
reply to Camaro305
I got the new guide this morning in southern NH. I really miss the advanced settings for the box and passthrough. Particularly pass through as my plasma would self adjust aspect based on the signal. So with everything being 1080i, it wouldn't stretch on 4:3 content, putting the worry there about image retention (I probably don't have to worry about it, but I still am careful).

But luckily the channel + / channel - option to stretch 4:3 content solves that problem.

The other thing I noticed is the volume level seems lower. On the old programming for the SA4250HDC, you could set the volume to "FIXED" but on this box, it remains variable. You can crank it with the volume button on front of the box, but it still just sounds quieter.

metalsaber1

join:2003-03-08
Slippery Rock, PA
reply to Camaro305
Got my letter in the mail saying that the new guide is coming on or after Nov 17 in W. PA (New Castle)

StevenG
Premium
Atkinson, NH
reply to Camaro305
Anyone know of when an update to the new guide may be coming out? I really want the "pass through" feature for the resolution.

hussle87
Premium
join:2008-01-06
Sykesville, MD
reply to Camaro305
Carroll County MD should get by early may.

Camaro305

join:2000-10-04
united state
reply to Camaro305
Comcast of Garden State new guide coming in March, 2011.
Expand your moderator at work

LeftyJR

join:2008-02-19
Avis, PA

1 edit
reply to Camaro305

Re: Official Comcast blog about new SA guide

Original:

S/W Version: s25p2-7.1005.r-7

F/W: 6.26.17.1sp

Today:

S/W Version: s25p2-7.1101.r-54

F/W: 6.26.17.1sp

I finally got the first software update with the S.25 guide. The reason I noticed is that my DVR/STB was off this morning, despite the fact that I was recording after I went to bed...which it usually doesn't do. I haven't picked up on much so far. I heard it was mainly for an audio problem using component cables.

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
Looks like that info was posted on the comcast blog this morning

»blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-gui···xes.html

Last night, a software update was delivered to the SA and Cisco cable boxes in Central Pennsylvania (the York and Williamsport areas) that addresses the HDMI and optical audio issue. HDMI is still the priority and the default but now via the guide menu you will be able to turn the HDMI audio off to get Dolby Digital 5.1 via the surround sound system

Thanks for your patience while the teams worked to investigate and address this issue.

Our customers with this guide in New Hampshire are also scheduled to see this change this month. This will be included with all future areas getting this new guide.

In order to use the optical audio out to your surround sound system and have Dolby Digital 5.1 audio output to your surround sound system, you will need to turn HDMI audio OFF via the guide menu. This will send Dolby Digital 5.1 to the SPDIF and no sound to the HDMI connected TV.

If you wish to listen to the HDMI audio via the TV, you will have to turn HDMI Audio Output = ON. This will send PCM out of the SPDIF port and the TV will output the sound.

To send Audio via SPDIF (optical audio) :
Press the menu button twice on your Comcast silver remote control, then select Setup. Select Audio Setup, then select HDMI Audio output. Press the LEFT arrow button to turn HDMI Audio Output to Off. This will allow the SPDIF output to send the audio to a receiver and the TV will not output sound.

To send Audio via the HDMI (this is the default):
Press the menu button twice on your Comcast silver remote control, then select Setup. Select Audio Setup, then select HDMI Audio output. Press the RIGHT arrow button to turn HDMI Audio Output to ON. This will allow the HDMI output to send the audio to the TV so the TV provides the audio.

lynxexp

reply to Camaro305
Scranton area is getting the S25 guide around March 8th.

MrBubbaHyde

join:2010-02-25
Shavertown, PA
said by lynxexp:

Scranton area is getting the S25 guide around March 8th.

Dunmore/Dallas system as well? Or only Scranton?

We were supposed to get this months ago.

Thanks

Camaro305

join:2000-10-04
united state
reply to lynxexp
Any word of Cherry Hill, NJ system? Thanks!

lynxexp

said by Camaro305:

Any word of Cherry Hill, NJ system? Thanks!

I'm not sure but all systems will be completed by end of May.

StevenG
Premium
Atkinson, NH
reply to The Q
Yup, I got it this morning in NH as well. Box was off, and wouldn't turn on. Had to power cycle. My version matches what was posted above.

I'm hoping this helps with pixelation too, as it got much worse once the changed the SA box I have to the new menus.

Also wonder if "pass through" is back for resolution. I'll have to look.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
screenshots?
box model number?

StevenG
Premium
Atkinson, NH
reply to Camaro305
Screenshots of what? Sorry, not following.

The box is an SA 4250HDC.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
screenshots of your tv showing the new UI

StevenG
Premium
Atkinson, NH
reply to Camaro305
I'm only talking about the replacement guide/UI that they've been rolling out over the last few months, not the fancy one at the beginning of the thread. Did you think I meant that? Am I missing something?

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
reply to StevenG
im very confused at who your talking to since your pressing the "reply to OP" instead of the reply button in my posts, if I am the one your posting too. You said that you got the new guide on the 23rd and had to power cycle it to turn the box on. I was asking if you would post screenshots of the new guide.

StevenG
Premium
Atkinson, NH
LoL! My fault, I didn't even realize the difference between the "reply" options. Sorry about that! I can grab some pics later on...

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
ah cool ok. yah i do that sometimes too, just got a little confused and had to read what i typed myself to understand the responses

CableJack

join:2010-12-03
Toms River, NJ
Has anyone with S25 tried using the 30 second skip marco on the comcast silver or platinum remotes to see if it works on the SA / Cisco boxes now?

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
not to my knowledge but I'd be interested to find out if it works.

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
reply to CableJack
said by CableJack:

Has anyone with S25 tried using the 30 second skip marco on the comcast silver or platinum remotes to see if it works on the SA / Cisco boxes now?

I don't have the new SA guide, but according to the Comcast blog about it, the 30 second skip does not work in the new guide.