All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Aggie00
@shawcable.net

Aggie00

Anon

[WIN7] How to solve Error Event ID 1001 Source DHCP-Clinet?

"Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x000272A90E3C. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server."

I installed a USB Bluetooth for my Cell phone and since then I got this Error Event ID 1001 Source Dhcp_client every time I start my PC, couldn't find any direct help from Google or MS.

The Bluetooth itself is working perfectly under Windows 7 x64 and I'm using Nokia PC Suite to transfer/manage contacts.

My only problem is seeing this Error in the Event Viewer!

Any feedback/suggestion is appreciated, thanks.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

Network and Sharing, manage network connections, and disable the bluetooth networking. Bluetooth is more than just paring, it can be used for a wireless network, a short range wireless network, but nevertheless...

Aggie00
@shawcable.net

Aggie00

Anon

Click for full size
Thanks BlitzenZeus, how do I "disable" the Bluetooth networking form this pix?
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

Please look at your image one more time, you completely missed it. Either way just right click to disable/enable any network adapter listed.

Aggie00
@shawcable.net

Aggie00 to BlitzenZeus

Anon

to BlitzenZeus
Click for full size
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member

1 recommendation

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

said by BlitzenZeus:

Please look at your image one more time, you completely missed it. Either way just right click to disable/enable any network adapter listed.

Aggie00
@shawcable.net

Aggie00

Anon

Click for full size
got it! BlitzenZeus , cut me some slacks, after all I'm a nice gal, lol.

Error 1001 is gone, but now I see two BTHUSB Error/Warning which were not there before
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

Lets look at this another way, lets say you have a laptop, and you always connect via wifi. Well you will might have constant event logs that your ethernet adapter can't connect as you're not using it, and you would have the same issue now, just with a different device on your system.

Now when it comes to ethernet there's no need to disable it generally, you might need it one day, but the bluetooth networking is something 99% of people who have bluetooth don't use. Since it's a wireless connectivity you will never use, you might as well leave that part disabled. You can even set it up as a static ip address, and it won't give the original error, however it still means it thinks there is a network connection there. If you were to disconnect from your wifi, or walk out of range, it would still think it's connected to a network when it was not.

Sometimes the event logs are just informational, and there's really nothing you can do about them.

My os thinks I have a IR device, but I don't, it's something about the bios/motherboard configuration, however I don't really care. When windows makes thumbnails of some 64-bit executables which I can't run on this os I can't avoid it either. Many of the event logs are just trash.

Walk out of wifi range, and you might see this one spammed in your logs.
"Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 8000600FE800. The following error occurred:
The operation was canceled by the user.. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server."

Aggie00
@shawcable.net

Aggie00

Anon

Thanks again BlitzenZeus , always like a smart guy, lol!

Best regards.