uniqs
share rss forum feed

inGearX
3.1415 9265

join:2000-06-11
New York
reply to LBDSL

Re: Lost my US passport card

that was for the passport - that I am not planing to lose this is for the card which I think are $40 or so...

it's a bit like an ID card or so...

just to hard to google all of this from my blackberry...

hoping someone here would know and help... pint me to the link...

sorry for the confusion...

thank you...

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8

Go to an embassy like the thread says.

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC
kudos:4
reply to inGearX

said by inGearX:

]that was for the passport - that I am not planing to lose this is for the card which I think are $40 or so...
If you're abroad, the advice given stands. Only an embassy can help you. We can't tell you if they can replace the card or not, only they can.

Bobcat79
Premium
join:2001-02-04
reply to inGearX

Why do you bother with a card when you have a passport?

gregz

join:2009-10-01

said by Bobcat79:

The card is only good when crossing to and from Canada, some Foreign held tourist islands and nothing more.

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium
join:2007-08-13
Philippines
kudos:1
Reviews:
·PLDT
·Comcast

said by gregz:

said by Bobcat79:

The card is only good when crossing to and from Canada, some Foreign held tourist islands and nothing more.
Here is the the only place the card can be used. By land or sea to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda or the Caribbean Region, specifically: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands (includes Anegada, Jost Van Dyke, and Virgin Gorda), Cayman Islands, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica (except for business travel), Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles (includes Bonaire, Curacao, St. Eustatius (Statia), Saba, and St. Maarten), St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Turks and Caicos.

The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.
--
Chris
Living in Paradise!!

Bobcat79
Premium
join:2001-02-04

I want to know how many people travel to Bermuda by land.

Fubar16

join:2001-02-20
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:2
reply to gregz

said by gregz:

said by Bobcat79:

And Mexico

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

said by Fubar16:

said by gregz:

said by Bobcat79:

And Mexico
Again, just use your passport. What if you wanted to go to one more country? Without the passport, you wouldn't be able to go.
--
My Blog 2.0

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium
join:2007-08-13
Philippines
kudos:1
Reviews:
·PLDT
·Comcast

2 edits
reply to Bobcat79

said by Bobcat79:

I want to know how many people travel to Bermuda by land.
The same number of people that traveled to these places by land:

Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands (includes Anegada, Jost Van Dyke, and Virgin Gorda), Cayman Islands, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles (includes Bonaire, Curacao, St. Eustatius (Statia, Saba, and St. Maarten), St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Turks and Caicos.
--
Chris
Living in Paradise!!

Fubar16

join:2001-02-20
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:2
reply to Gbcue

said by Gbcue:

Again, just use your passport. What if you wanted to go to one more country? Without the passport, you wouldn't be able to go.
Because that is all I need.

I save $55.00 x 5 family members. I have a lot better used for $275.00 that a passport book that I do not need at this time.

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK
reply to Jahntassa

said by Jahntassa:

said by inGearX:

]that was for the passport - that I am not planing to lose this is for the card which I think are $40 or so...
If you're abroad, the advice given stands. Only an embassy can help you. We can't tell you if they can replace the card or not, only they can.
Maybe I am missing something here. And I can understand why people use the card instead of a passport here in the U.S..
But I don't see why anyone would need a passport card while traveling abroad.

I've entered Canada by ferry and sailed a privately owned sailboat Miami to Bimini and Freeport and only needed a passport. Could have used only the card as well I guess.
See no reason to be concerned about it if traveling and not on the North American continent or the Caribbean.
--
The adventure continues...Sanctuary....
Expand your moderator at work