MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK

TomS_ to yaplej

MVM

to yaplej

Re: Cisco 7206VXR for DS3

said by yaplej:

These are inside a private network so they are not exposed to the Internet and they are very capable of delivering all the services we need and then some. I expect within three years we will be putting an NPE-G1/G2 in them but at that point they will be paid for and rather than getting a whole new router we will just be getting the NPE so we get even more life out of them this way.
Preciseley.

A lot of gear I run in my network is hand-me-downs from our parent company when they run out of breath servicing the needs of their network. But for our network, they have oodles of capacity in them to do what we need.

We have one 7206VXR with NPE-G1 that will be filling up shortly once we turn on another STM-1, but thats ok, because by that time our parent company will have another 7304 with NPE-G100 ready for us to inherit after they replace it with a ASR1000.

So while what patcat88 said may be true, "fast" is really in the eye of the beholder.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by TomS_:

So while what patcat88 said may be true, "fast" is really in the eye of the beholder.
yes -- but its always more fun when you get to play with the latest and newest gear

q.

TomS_
Git-r-done
MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK

TomS_

MVM

Very true.