houkouonchi

join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to SLD

Re: End users are idiots??

said by SLD:

Frankley, Cisco is pretty crappy compared to the available options. It may work as well, but it is harder to configure and costs much more. I've been using 3Com switches in the Datacenter and they run circles around Cisco if you consider price and ease of use.
I have actually seen a lot of reports on the WHT (webhostingtalk.com) in the colo section that 3com switches have reliability problems (a lot of failures or bad ports). We used to use extreme switches way back when but now we only use cisco as they are the only ones that have proven to handle the load/beating we place on them.
--
20/2mb Charter, 18/1.5mb U-verse, 6mb/768k DSL Extreme load balanced for a total of 44/4.2

SLD
Premium
join:2002-04-17
San Francisco, CA

That's a bummer. Maybe the luck is in the draw. I have a few that are serving over a Gigabit constant traffic for some high-ranking websites. Never saw a hitch. Some others that push about 300Mbit constant run great too.

houkouonchi

join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by SLD:

That's a bummer. Maybe the luck is in the draw. I have a few that are serving over a Gigabit constant traffic for some high-ranking websites. Never saw a hitch. Some others that push about 300Mbit constant run great too.
Although they can be proportional to each other they aren't always I heard the problem was the pps (not the bps).
--
20/2mb Charter, 18/1.5mb U-verse, 6mb/768k DSL Extreme load balanced for a total of 44/4.2