Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

caseynsb

join:2008-11-11
Orlando, FL

3 edits
reply to Cralb

Re: [Internet] Bright House Orlando problems.

Just to follow-up, as I had a DC at 1:22 PM EST today, the logs do line up 1:1 with the disconnections:

2010-05-23 17:22:46 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
2010-05-23 17:22:40 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 2)

I'm also on the phone with bright house internet support now, but I'm getting the old runaround where they say more of my neighbors have to call in for them to seriously look at the issue. The tech did understand the problem and agreed that it is likely a waste of time to keep sending techs to my house.

However, they cannot do anything without sending another tech out to my house to not see a problem.

Also, the supervisor argued with me that the logs on the Modem were actually my Linksys logs, and that 192.168.100.1 is my router IP, not the cable modem. My internal IP scope is 10.195.1.x. I told him I don't want to waste time arguing over what I'm looking at and can email him a screenshot but he just ignored that request.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151

1 edit
said by caseynsb:

Just to follow-up, as I had a DC at 1:22 PM EST today, the logs do line up 1:1 with the disconnections:

2010-05-23 17:22:46 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
2010-05-23 17:22:40 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 2)

I'm also on the phone with bright house internet support now, but I'm getting the old runaround where they say more of my neighbors have to call in for them to seriously look at the issue. The tech did understand the problem and agreed that it is likely a waste of time to keep sending techs to my house.

However, they cannot do anything without sending another tech out to my house to not see a problem.

Also, the supervisor argued with me that the logs on the Modem were actually my Linksys logs, and that 192.168.100.1 is my router IP, not the cable modem. My internal IP scope is 10.195.1.x. I told him I don't want to waste time arguing over what I'm looking at and can email him a screenshot but he just ignored that request.
Sigh...

Honestly I'm not worried about your modem logs for a number of reasons but obviously there is something going on. To some degree they are right, the tech does need to be able to see the issue and honestly sometimes thats much harder than you think with intermittent issues. Continue to have the techs come out and they also need to place you on something called "whatsupgold" for lets say a week. This will help them isolate the issue. If they haven't done so already please call them back, ask for the same supervisor and tell him you want to be placed on WUG for a week.

In the meantime I want you to hook up with cableguy here and see what he can do for you.

botld92z9

join:2006-07-14
Winter Springs, FL
kudos:1
said by BHNtechXpert:

Continue to have the techs come out and they also need to place you on something called "whatsupgold" for lets say a week. This will help them isolate the issue.
definitely needs to be done.

caseynsb

Orlando, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
I agree regarding the logs as they don't really have much to work with. The logic behind them on the call was to hope maybe they have something on their end they can check out at the time frames my outages have.

I have a tech visit scheduled for 2-4 tomorrow, so once they come (and likely say there's nothing wrong and maybe reboot and offer to replace my modem), I'll call them back and ask for another Supervisor and bring up WUG.

To those also having an issue, try to note your times as well as close as possible.

Thanks guys

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
said by caseynsb:

I agree regarding the logs as they don't really have much to work with. The logic behind them on the call was to hope maybe they have something on their end they can check out at the time frames my outages have.

I have a tech visit scheduled for 2-4 tomorrow, so once they come (and likely say there's nothing wrong and maybe reboot and offer to replace my modem), I'll call them back and ask for another Supervisor and bring up WUG.

To those also having an issue, try to note your times as well as close as possible.

Thanks guys
Lets get through tomorrow and see what happens and we'll take it from there. Be careful on replacing the modem...honestly right now we have a limited unknowns that we need to work through...you go changing the modem and then you add that into the mix. The process of elimination will eventually get to the modem but we're not quite there yet.

caseynsb

Orlando, FL
Yeah I don't WANT to replace it. But, the truck roll folk always seem to look at that first and talk me into replacing it. Will update late tomorrow