nerdburg
Premium Member
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA

nerdburg

Premium Member

Extreme 105?

Click for full size
Noticed this on my bill today. Called one of the local techs and he knows nothing about it (good job Comcast higher-ups!/sarcasm). There is no info on the web site. Anybody know anything about it?

Is this residential? Data caps still apply?

perki
join:2008-12-01
Santa Maria, CA

perki

looks like this is going to be big news
themagicone
join:2003-08-13
Osseo, MN

themagicone to nerdburg

to nerdburg
Only $199.95/month, just pocket change...

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

said by themagicone:

Plus the REQUIRED $249.00 "professional" installation.

I wonder if this is still just for business class for now?
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by andyross:

said by themagicone:

Plus the REQUIRED $249.00 "professional" installation.

Well at them prices, It only seems reasonable to be for business service. Because that alot of money to throw out there, for a residential account.

SpaethCo
Digital Plumber
MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

1 edit

SpaethCo to andyross

MVM

to andyross
said by andyross:

The WBM760 isn't a business class device.

»www.arrisi.com/product_c ··· _web.pdf

Business class is 100/15 at $389.95 per month.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to nerdburg

to nerdburg
Interesting. Wonder why they decided to have only 10 Mbps up (vs. 15 on biz class)?

I'm guessing the 105 Mbps is there so FTTH providers have to upgrade their equipment to compete in areas that are 100M only right now. Just a hunch.

I personally see no reason why I'd get this service over 50/10, but I'm sure someone will find a use for it. I'm just puzzles why Comcast would price the thing so darned high since the only improvement people will see is on the download side. Guess it's just a PR stunt...
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

Well this speed tier will fail if this is a residential tier, and the cap isn't raised for this tier. Who the hell would pay $450 up front for a tier with a 250gb limit, no one in there right mind would.
Really anyone who would pay $200 a month for 100/10 is alittle crazy, Thats alot of money, and I don't see many residential customers even trying to pay that much for alittle more download speed.
rugby
I think I know it all.
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN

rugby to nerdburg

to nerdburg
Well, the 50/10 tier is $189/month for business so if this is $10 more/month....
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by rugby:

Well, the 50/10 tier is $189/month for business so if this is $10 more/month....
Well thats not really a bad price for business account with no cap. But suppostly this is gunna be a residential tier, and we all know comcast, and there 250gb monthly limit on there residential tiers.
PerfectCode
join:2009-06-12
Portland, OR

PerfectCode

If this is for residents... eww.

Doesnt seem very competitive to me.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to lilstone87

to lilstone87
Mediacom offers a 105/10 tier for the same price, so I'm guessing a few folks will buy it.
Zizoo
join:2010-05-12
PA

Zizoo to nerdburg

to nerdburg
Looks like the install fee is going to include the cost of home networking(Multiple computers). Thats a plus.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to PerfectCode

Premium Member

to PerfectCode
said by PerfectCode:

Doesnt seem very competitive to me.

As compared to what. i.e. What other provider do YOU have available with equal or better speeds at a lesser price?
It MAY not be very appealing at that price for most home users, but it is AVAILABLE
tshirt

tshirt to Zizoo

Premium Member

to Zizoo
For that fee, I'd expect a total test of, and replacement of (if needed) ALL the house coax and splitters, plus test and repair any TAP or plant issues.

perki
join:2008-12-01
Santa Maria, CA

perki to nerdburg

to nerdburg
Its only 7 dollars a day, just make your lunches at home and buy budget cereal
Zizoo
PA

Zizoo to nerdburg

to nerdburg
What would the advantage be to having windows 7 vs windows XP as far as speed support?
Jasonfn22
join:2009-11-20
Bethlehem, GA

Jasonfn22 to nerdburg

to nerdburg
Man I just wonder how home users use or need that kind of bandwidth.I mean bigger is better and the faster the better but nomatter what are u not still at the mercy of the servers nomatter what u have in most cases?
neufuse
join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

neufuse to nerdburg

to nerdburg
whys that specific modem required? I can get those speeds on a SB6120 with no problems
Zizoo
PA

Zizoo

said by neufuse:

whys that specific modem required? I can get those speeds on a SB6120 with no problems
Arris WBM760A
neufuse
join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

neufuse

you just said the model number for the modem I can clearly read above, I asked why that one
Jasonfn22
join:2009-11-20
Bethlehem, GA

Jasonfn22 to nerdburg

to nerdburg
I mean heck I have the 16/2 blast but the only time I see those numbers are on speed test.I can go on youtube which has busy servers just for an example and watching that little red line load is like watching grass grow it can barely stay ahead without having to pause.The only time I ever see fast downloads are from sites like Hp,microsoft,etc. Like downloading drivers or anything like that mine will load at 3 MB's not Mbps which is quick like 100 MB in 1 minute.
Zizoo
PA

1 edit

Zizoo to neufuse

to neufuse
said by neufuse:

you just said the model number for the modem I can clearly read above, I asked why that one
I apologize, I read your post incorrectly.

Good question, hope to find out soon.
PerfectCode
join:2009-06-12
Portland, OR

1 edit

PerfectCode to tshirt

to tshirt
said by tshirt:

For that fee, I'd expect a total test of, and replacement of (if needed) ALL the house coax and splitters, plus test and repair any TAP or plant issues.
I like white t-shirts myself.
cambit69
join:2003-09-22
El Cerrito, CA

cambit69 to nerdburg

to nerdburg
i'd jump on this in a heartbeat if they raised the monthly cap to 2TB's and bumped the upload speed to 50mbs minumum

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog to nerdburg

MVM

to nerdburg
I'm surprised none of the haters have posted "ZOMG!! I would use up my cap in less than 6 hours with this!!!!111eleventyone"

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

1 recommendation

cypherstream to nerdburg

MVM

to nerdburg
Why couldn't you use an Arris tm702g eMTA? Both the eMTA and the modem listed in the bill bond up to 4 downstream and 4 upstream channels and are DOCSIS 3.0 certified.

I take it that this will be available in all of Central PA's management, and the Freedom region soon as well. I'm already on 4 downstream channels, and 1 64QAM upstream.

nerdburg
Premium Member
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA

nerdburg

Premium Member

Cypher, I'm in the Pottsville system-- if we have it, you do too.
nerdburg

1 recommendation

nerdburg to Jasonfn22

Premium Member

to Jasonfn22
said by Jasonfn22:

I mean heck I have the 16/2 blast but the only time I see those numbers are on speed test.
You need something like Internet Download Manager (»www.internetdownloadmanager.com/) to open multiple connections to the server.
nerdburg

nerdburg to pflog

Premium Member

to pflog
said by pflog:

I'm surprised none of the haters have posted "ZOMG!! I would use up my cap in less than 6 hours with this!!!!111eleventyone"
"The effective transfer rate is only 156K a month!"