share rss forum feed

ScottMo
Once in a Lifetime
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-15
Stony Brook, NY
reply to jeff17

Re: And they'll be the first......

I agree it makes sense for AT&T (few providers want to cover very small towns, deserts, and forests), but you have to be careful when reading. 97% of Americans doesn't mean it covers 97% of the country.

In looking at the map, it looks like 80% of America is actually covered (maybe 85% of the Continuous 48).

I'm just urging my children to be careful around advertising especially the wording they choose.

hottboiinnc4
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
that map has been around for YEARS they never up date that thing and a good share of that map is still probably EDGE.
--
www.twopugsbrand.com Kosher, Vegan, and Organic Certified Dog and Cat treats/foods and other products!

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
reply to ScottMo
Click for full size
The real at&t 3G map (sorry about the quick Cut and Paste)

RRedline
Rated R
Premium
join:2002-05-15
Attleboro, MA
reply to ScottMo
The point is that Verizon was specifically referring to AT&T's much smaller 3G footprint, and AT&T responded with intentionally misleading advertising about covering 97% of Americans. Yeah, but not covering 97% with 3G! They went from bragging about being able to surf the web while talking on the phone (something that hardly anyone needs or wants to do), to the 97% figure. That was shady advertising, and they knew it.

AT&T spent millions responding with misleading advertising. Those millions could have been spent expanding their 3G footprint.
--
One nation, under Zod!