how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

foothilldave

join:2007-04-08
Applegate, CA

did skyfx take a dump ?

I was downgraded from a platinum to a bronze user almost a month ago - and now have terrible download rates. Skyfx support will not respond to my emails (have not called yet).

Anyone else seeing this ?

Did they go away like all my other sat providers have ?

Sat sucks so bad....

yes, in short.. they have become a part of the idiot network (skyway) for some unreasonable reason. I was informed my rup was 500..meg a month!! and I do not believe their count anyway. If I want 1250 at 500 baud I pay 60 a month then ..der... I hit rup in the first 15 minutes of each new month.. This sucks I am going to halt service until they get their "stuff" together, I liked fx never a prob, but anyone with anything to do with skyway always gets burned.. so seeya I am very angry.

foothilldave

join:2007-04-08
Applegate, CA

3 edits
I guess maybe that explains why skyfx no longer answers their phone or email.

Looks like from FAQ skywayusa requires a one year contract. I presume that does not apply to us as we never signed it (or were notified of the change) ?

carlcarlson

@att.net
I understand they are in litigation due for resolution in a few weeks. FX people have no choice from what I understand but to be associated with WAY at this point but will run screaming when this court date allocates their separation. Way blows, but I have confidence in the people at FX. That said it is bad that they do not answer the phones.. I suggest waiting these few weeks before making a change unless you have another option for a high speed connection. Thus goes the battle in rural hinterland worlds afar!

TonyKZ1

join:2010-04-08
Marble Hill, MO
What about going with Bright Star »www.brightstarinternet.com/ . They look similar, one-way sat link. I've heard they are the ones that SkyFX and Skyway are buying their service from, but it might be starconnect »starconnect.com/index.shtml instead.
Tony

TonyKZ1

join:2010-04-08
Marble Hill, MO
Any news on skyfx? I just checked their website and it appears to still be up and running.
Tony

tgermon

join:2007-12-31
Vanceboro, NC

1 edit
reply to foothilldave
Well, I guess they finally got me too. Since Saturday morning the 10th I have been down to dialup speeds. I am on the gold package and have used 2900MB this month which should put me at 576k on speed going by the skyfx rup, »www.skyfx.us/why/why.html. Skyfx gave me a long distant support number to call. Support said they and skyway have not been able to find a problem and skyway has moved it up to a higher support level. Have not heard from that yet. If skyway takes skyfx out we will probably be doomed. Look at their rup now, »www.skywayusa.com/rup.php. That is just ridiculous. Like always they are going to screw the people who have no other choice for higher speed internet. Maybe their day will come.

Liberty

join:2005-06-12
Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
said by tgermon:

Like always they are going to screw the people who have no other choice for higher speed internet.
How you mean 'no other choice'?
There are no fewer than 3 other sat options...

tgermon

join:2007-12-31
Vanceboro, NC
Guess I should of said no choice other than satellite. They got me back going but appears to be on skyway rup, »www.skywayusa.com/rup.php. Will not take long to be going slow with that low usage. Guess skyfx did take a dump and skyway is in charge again. I've looked into hughsnet but hate to but all new equipment and get in to a two year contract.