share rss forum feed

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1

greedy hacks

Looks like their 'evidence' would be flimsy at best. If someone hired a decent lawyer, the case would be thrown out before it came to trial. They're counting on none of their victims 'targets' having competent legal counsel.

It'd serve them right if one of their 'targets' with competent legal counsel filed a countersuit for harassment and malicious use of the civil court system and took them for a ton of money.

Want to stop piracy? Sell a quality product, online, for a reasonable cost [can you hear me, M$, Adobe, **AAs?] and get rid of the DRM. Otherwise the pirated product is not only cheaper, it's easier to use.

I don't support piracy, but I can understand why others would.

N10Cities
Premium
join:2002-05-07
Lavaca, AR
Reviews:
·World Lynx
·Cox HSI

said by DrStrange:

Looks like their 'evidence' would be flimsy at best. If someone hired a decent lawyer, the case would be thrown out before it came to trial. They're counting on none of their victims 'targets' having competent legal counsel.

It'd serve them right if one of their 'targets' with competent legal counsel filed a countersuit for harassment and malicious use of the civil court system and took them for a ton of money.
That 'target' better have deep pockets to pay for that 'competent' legal counsel. Most joe blows don't have them. Hence most will settle or just file bankruptcy.

skuv

@rr.com
reply to DrStrange

said by DrStrange:

I really doubt that anyone that is getting sued here is able to afford a competent lawyer for this. Especially since there is a chance that you can go to court and lose and probably pay more than the settlement they will want to keep it out of court.