Search similar:

uniqs
glinc
join:2009-04-07
New York, NY

1 edit

glinc

LOL

AT&T really love to hug their $$$ as much as they can instead of spending it in network.

Easiest fix to "improve" their network is to milk customers for more $$$ and impose caps.

I can't wait to see what VZW LTE tiered plans will be.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

AT&T isn't bringing LTE for a few years, so you'll be waiting for a while.
glinc
join:2009-04-07
New York, NY

glinc

My bad, I meant VZW LTE tiered plans

kamm
join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY

kamm to glinc

to glinc
said by glinc:

AT&T really love to hug their $$$ as much as they can instead of spending it in network.

Easiest fix to "improve" their network is to milk customers for more $$$ and impose caps.

I can't wait to see what VZW LTE tiered plans will be.
TMO already beats VZW's upcoming LTE speeds and has no overage fees and lower prices...

brian
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mission Viejo, CA

brian

Premium Member

said by kamm:

TMO already beats VZW's upcoming LTE speeds and has no overage fees and lower prices...
...and no network.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72

Premium Member

Their "no network" is larger than Clear's and Verizon's LTE.

So there's that.

kamm
Brooklyn, NY

kamm to brian

to brian
said by brian:
said by kamm:

...and no network.
Ehh? You mean the nationwide 3G w/ HS(D)PA plus HSPA+ already on the Northeast?

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to glinc

Premium Member

to glinc
1st steps in bill by byte have been taken.

The new plans get your foot in the door cheaper. But if you are a heavy user it will cost you more in the end than the old plans did.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9 to kamm

Premium Member

to kamm
It's only nationwide in dense metro areas, otherwise you're probably roaming...where I'd be surprise to see any of that great throughput.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72

Premium Member

said by openbox9:

It's only nationwide in dense metro areas, otherwise you're probably roaming...where I'd be surprise to see any of that great throughput.
How is this any different than ATT or Sprint?
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

AT&T's 3G might drop down to Edge while roaming. Does Sprint's throughput change with a majority of its roaming partners? I'm guessing not much assuming Sprint's primary roaming partner is Verizon Wireless. If T-Mobile must roam with other carriers that haven't upgraded to this HSPA+ network that kamm See Profile is so fond of, I would think it quite noticeable when T-Mobile users aren't in those dense metro "nationwide" locations.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72

Premium Member

From what I can tell, speeds in rural areas that aren't along highways where Sprint roams, don't seem to actually have faster than EDGE/1x speeds anyways.
xenophon
join:2007-09-17

1 edit

xenophon

Sprint still roams EVDO on old Altell (pre-Verizon acquisition) areas. They have a 10 year agreement with VZW as part of VZW acquiring Alltel. It's mostly in the SE and parts of Midwest, not much anywhere else. You can see the dark grey EVDO roaming areas on Sprint's maps.

I'd get 700Kbps-1.5Mbps when roaming or less if weak signal. I suspect VZW gives EVDO roaming lower priority, but it's still much better than 2G.

kamm
Brooklyn, NY

kamm to openbox9

to openbox9
said by openbox9:

And that covers 80-90% of US population, more than we can say about ATT's fake-3G or Sprint's low@ss 3G... your point was...?
kamm

kamm to xenophon

to xenophon
said by xenophon:

Sprint still roams EVDO on old Altell (pre-Verizon acquisition) areas. They have a 10 year agreement with VZW as part of VZW acquiring Alltel. It's mostly in the SE and parts of Midwest, not much anywhere else. You can see the dark grey EVDO roaming areas on Sprint's maps.
Which, in reality, usually means EDGE-like or slower data coverage - exactl;y like TMO's non-3G spots.
openbox9
Premium Member

1 recommendation

openbox9 to kamm

Premium Member

to kamm
Covering a majority of the population in dense areas doesn't mean nationwide. T-Mobile obviously works for you, but suggesting that it's the end-all, be-all, or that it's nationwide, doesn't fit for a lot of people.

Dragasoni
We're All Mad Here
Premium Member
join:2001-12-14
Palm Bay, FL

Dragasoni to kamm

Premium Member

to kamm
T-Mobile was the worst I've ever used. Dropped calls, limited coverage, crappy sound, cross talk, etc.

Try going 70 miles north of Brooklyn and using your phone. You'll need Verizon in Putnam County for sure.

-Dragasoni-