Search similar:

uniqs
mzkhadir
join:2002-03-15
Arlington Heights, IL

mzkhadir

Comcast Over Usage above 250gb

Hello

What happens if I go over 250gb ? Do they throttle me down to something slower ?

Thank you

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile

Premium Member

They come to your house in pin-striped suits, and take your pinkys.

That not being true at all, you get throttled, and a letter notifying about the overage and to curb your internet appetitie. If you go over repeatedly, you stand the chance of getting service disconnected.
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

Moffetts to mzkhadir

to mzkhadir
They don't throttle you if you go over. They probably wont even contract you about it unless you go way over.
Expand your moderator at work

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to mzkhadir

to mzkhadir

Re: Comcast Over Usage above 250gb

comcast.net Network Management Policy

nerdburg
Premium Member
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA

nerdburg to mzkhadir

Premium Member

to mzkhadir
250GB is a soft cap. Nothing happens if you go over a bit now and then. From all accounts, you pretty much have to double the 250GB before you need to worry about it. I did about 345GB last month and didn't hear anything from Comcast.
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora to mzkhadir

Premium Member

to mzkhadir
said by mzkhadir:

Hello

What happens if I go over 250gb ? Do they throttle me down to something slower ?
As the others have said, it is a soft cap. IIRC you get one month per year to go a bit over. If you are regularly downloading a lot over 250 GB, it's time to get business class service.
thewizard20
join:2010-06-02

2 edits

thewizard20

Got the warning - 2 TB

Don't go too crazy that month.

I just got the call myself and notifying me they were dropping me from service - despite the fact this is the first month I was notified of the service change. They also refused to allow me to upgrade to buisness class service.

It wasn't until after I called them back notifying them of the recent change to my service they allowed me to get off with just a warning. If I hadn't of called them back they would've cut me off entirely for excessive usage.

The kicker is I even called them a week ago and the rep told us that by looking at our account we had nothing to worry about (I personally wasn't told till part way through the month). They claim I used roughly 2TB of bandwidth.
noisefloor
join:2010-05-09

noisefloor to mzkhadir

to mzkhadir

Re: Comcast Over Usage above 250gb

lol the security dept can't stop you from signing up with business class. Just call sales they will sign you right up and disco your resi account.