spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties

Premium Member

And one didn't see this coming? VZW, Sprint, Vodafon, next..

Come on. You knew these greedy b-stards were gonna hook ya then sink ya.

First came the "Me Too!" with doubling the ETF contract penalties.
Before that, identical minute plans (doesn't anyone see the collusion with minute/SMS plans?) Just happens that most folks use 300 minutes, but they only offer 200 then 450 at next plan...

And unlimited data? Gotcha!

Let's see what Verizon does next? I bet you know...
cableties

cableties

Premium Member

BTW, I bet they figured out that most use average of 300Megs/mth so... Look, you are saving $5 with our Pro plan! (zing!)
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV to cableties

to cableties
said by cableties:

Before that, identical minute plans (doesn't anyone see the collusion with minute/SMS plans?) Just happens that most folks use 300 minutes, but they only offer 200 then 450 at next plan...

Verizon will wait a bit and see what the backlash is with AT&T. If there is serious backlash, Verizon will not follow.

Sprint... they won't follow regardless. They are already using the great prices on unlimited plans as a way to lure customers. This will just give them more ammo to use against the big 2.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to cableties

Premium Member

to cableties
I don't know if I think other companies will necessarily follow suit. They will see that customers don't like this and may just take the opposite route, stay with unlimited data/possibly lower data plan rates, and ultimately gain customers from AT&T.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72 to cableties

Premium Member

to cableties
last I checked, TMO and Sprint's ETFs are still $200.
And Sprint still offers unlimited data.
And they both don't really care about tethering.
And they're both cheaper than VZW and ATT.

VZW and ATT walk hand-in-hand.

Sprint and TMO do their own thing for the most part.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to Chuck_IV

Premium Member

to Chuck_IV
Sprint won't stay "unlimited" forever... what many people don't understand is that when times are tough, and if you're smart, you do everything you can to stand out and look better against the others. Sprint is doing just this with their "everything plans".. and quite honestly not everyone thinks they're great, even when you compare them to the other offers. Honestly, those that don't think they're great value plans are the ones that think they should have 800 minutes and all the data and text you can use for $30 a month total... but anyway.

As Sprint grows and more customers utilize their network, they too will slowly start to inch away from the very plans that attracted customers back to them. It won't be abrupt, rather, they'll simply start to phase out the current plans now with new ones that aren't as good. Anyone remember the "free incoming" plans that Nextel had? ...was someone one of a kind for cellular back then.. however, those got phased out over time, and was done rather quietly.

This is a normal cycle in life. Look at the internet. It was dial-up with a monthly + minute use. It moved towards unlimited dial up.. the networks got flooded and then it stabled out. Broadband rolls out and it too goes through, and still is, it's phases. At first it was just a connection... always on. Then it was starting the "always available" phase.. it was "unlimited" next, and now they're capping.. the next phase will ultimately be metered. As they move through these phases, the network use balances out along with the companies desire to make as much money as it can as well.

Change happens.. people always roll with it be they like it or not.

People often forget, too, that while many way want them to "just make the investments into the network and give us what you got".. they really can't do just that.. what's the next step? If they give you what they got, all you're doing is consuming more and more while at the same time they're putting another nail in the coffin of other services they have to keep offering.

But in the end, Spint, too, will ultimately move away from the everything plans.. it's only a matter of time. Right now they can offer it becuase their networks aren't really saturated and their reputation is still largely tarnished. This is just part of supply and demand.. right now, Sprint isn't really in demand, they have a large supply, and their value goes down..
fiberguy2

fiberguy2 to ArrayList

Premium Member

to ArrayList
Really? The same is said about gas stations as well, all the time. However, when one raises their price, the others always follow suit.. and not ever gas station on all 4 corners get their fuel from the same supplier,.. at the same price.

It's not what customers "like".. its more so what the market in whole will bear.
Expand your moderator at work

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2

Re: And one didn't see this coming? VZW, Sprint, Vodafon, next..

and did you know that gas stations all get their gas from the same place? duh
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

said by ArrayList:

and did you know that gas stations all get their gas from the same place? duh
Apparently you know nothing about how gas stations work then. Sorry to tell you but, um, I worked for Chevron for the first 5 years of my life. Thanks for the "lesson" though. Proves my point about some people who post.
Expand your moderator at work

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

1 edit

ArrayList to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2

Re: And one didn't see this coming? VZW, Sprint, Vodafon, next..

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to cableties

Premium Member

to cableties
said by cableties:

that is be cause some jack asses resell the phones for a profit

ReVeLaTeD
Premium Member
join:2001-11-10
San Diego, CA

ReVeLaTeD to cableties

Premium Member

to cableties
said by cableties:

If Verizon is smart, they will essentially say "We're still the most expensive, but we also don't nerf your data usage. We WANT you to use data because we've got the best network to sustain an unlimited data model" (unlimited = can be capped/throttled at any time, but still).

I'm willing to wager that Verizon is going to go in the opposite direction to try and push more Droids.

Sprint, I figure will do something like this for consumers, but "business class" won't have any data restrictions.

T-mobile's network is so much crap it won't matter either way; it's too slow and spotty to even get to 200MB much less exceed it in a month.