uniqs
Couch Potato
What?
Premium Member
join:2004-08-29
Statesville, NC

Couch Potato

Premium Member

What's with all the "I'm going to verizon" ?!?

Verizon requires a data plan with their "3G multimedia phones", so pretty much if it can access the internet, it requires a data plan. I don't know about Verizon, but all current at&t phones can access the internet.

I don't know about you, but if I'm a casual user, I'd rather spend $15/month for 200MBs on a iPhone than $10/month for 25MBs on a LG Chocolate.

Yes, I see that the smartphone data plan is unlimited on VZW, but for how long?

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ

MovieLover76

Not for long you can be assured, Verizon has been hinting at new data pricing structure alongside the roll out of LTE

Heavy users will start to migrate to Sprint and T mobile

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to Couch Potato

Premium Member

to Couch Potato
Because for $5 less I will be getting 60% less than what I have currently. What is there not to be pissed off about?

icp1
Premium Member
join:2000-10-13
Saint Louis, MO

icp1

Premium Member

said by ptrowski:

Because for $5 less I will be getting 60% less than what I have currently. What is there not to be pissed off about?
Except you dont have to switch...

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by icp1:
said by ptrowski:

Except you dont have to switch...
Right, it's a pain and I like my iPhone, but the continual trend of taking away from what we have currently and calling it a "better value" at some point has to stop.
clickie8
join:2005-05-22
Monroe, MI

clickie8 to ptrowski

to ptrowski
Even if you don't use it? That is the question you need to ask yourself. How much data do you really use?

I use about 150 megabytes a month. My wife, uses 1.8 gigs a month.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Why should I be ok with it? There are times I use 4 GB per month.

tom123
@rcn.com

tom123 to Couch Potato

Anon

to Couch Potato
Heavy users have still an option to use Wi-FI at their homes, sometimes at work, or often on college campus in case of students and often wherever they eat lunch. these new data plans will help offload very heavy users and free up more spectrum use. RF spectrum is limited and att can't continually expand there.

ReVeLaTeD
Premium Member
join:2001-11-10
San Diego, CA

ReVeLaTeD to MovieLover76

Premium Member

to MovieLover76
said by MovieLover76:

Not for long you can be assured, Verizon has been hinting at new data pricing structure alongside the roll out of LTE

Heavy users will start to migrate to Sprint and T mobile
I just don't see Verizon doing something like this. They've always been the most expensive, and if anything, they'll probably add additional tiers, but getting rid of the unlimited essentially dumbs down their second greatest asset: their 3G coverage/usage.

bbattuser
@comcast.net

bbattuser to tom123

Anon

to tom123
Offload heavy users? Honestly, how heavy can the usage be on Smart Phone devices. If it hasn't been an issue up to this point, why would it be all of the sudden. AT&T invests all this money in their network, yet is light years behind Verizon with respect to high speed data coverage. Another classic case of not being interested in what the consumer thinks about this.