spc
Search similar:

uniqs

blup9720
@74.198.8.x

blup9720

Anon

Negotiation?

Don't count on it too much. When I called Rogers to cancel my Internet services I didn't even have to negotiate. The rep offered me their $60 service for $43 or $45 (can't remember which) and said that's the best she could do, but couldn't do anything about the bandwidth caps and even then, I had to make a 12 month commitment to get that offer. The irony is that I wasn't so much quitting for the price, but for the bandwidth caps. Go figure.

Teksavvy is rolling out cable in many areas over the next few months and improving their DSL (and even mention fibre), so patience. There is a mention of Ottawa getting it sometime before the end of August in a service email sent out recently.

Good luck.

XR999
See ya Rogers.
join:2010-05-24
Ottawa, ON

XR999

I know the window for the Ottawa area is June-August according to TekSavvy for cable and since my 3 months of free Rogers Internet run out in August (came free with the modem purchase and no contract was required (and now I have a modem for TekSavvy cable)) hopefully they are up and running by then (I really don't want to have to pay Rogers anymore than I already will).

Decent DSL is not possible where I live though (older apartment complex) and I didn't expect much in negotiation with Rogers (but might as well try, maybe I'll get some super rep or something, plus no matter what I'll be giving them a nice long-winded speech about my problems with the service, all the while wasting their time and money).