how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to MyDogHsFleas

Re: If they bumped it up to 5 GB instead of 2GB...

said by MyDogHsFleas:

said by 88615298:

said by MyDogHsFleas:

The other nice feature is: ridiculous overcharges are gone for very high usage. Also, you don't have to pay for a full 5GB/month if you don't consistently use that.
$10 per GB isn't rediculous? I think it's at least 10 times what it should be.
What I mean is that they are pricing it such that people would actually use the overages and pay for them, rather than pricing it so that the cost is prohibitively high to try to discourage people from going over. It's really more a tiered pricing model than a cap.
Except most people don't know the difference been a KB, a MB and a GB. These companies don't make it easier by putting use in terms of "e-mails read". What is this 2002? How about telling Ipad users that streaming 4 minutes of Netflix a day will make them go over their 2 GB cap and each minute of watching after that will be 15-20 cents.

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX
kudos:5
I think the bottom line here is that watching streaming video on your large screen device (laptop/iPad) over 3G is just not something AT&T is going to subsidize any more with unlimited data plans. They want their network to be available for other use cases. If you want streaming video, do it over wifi, is the message.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by MyDogHsFleas:

I think the bottom line here is that watching streaming video on your large screen device (laptop/iPad) over 3G is just not something AT&T is going to subsidize any more with unlimited data plans. They want their network to be available for other use cases. If you want streaming video, do it over wifi, is the message.
Not everyone has wi-fi Einstien. And no one said a thing about subsidzing anything. If my cable comapny can provide me with 250 GB a month for $55 then At&t can do 1/10 that don't you think? And $1 per GB is MORE than enough to pay for upgrades AND make a profit.

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
reply to MyDogHsFleas
said by MyDogHsFleas:

The cost of bandwidth is quite small, even over wireless. The greatest cost of any network has always been the initial layout of the network. AT&T's $10/GB is insanely overpriced given what carriers charge in Europe.