uniqs

AzzKicker
Premium Member
join:2001-02-04
Edinburg, TX

AzzKicker to 88615298

Premium Member

to 88615298

Re: Do you trust AT&T's numbers that 98% use less than 2GB?

said by 88615298:

Even if it's is 2% why base things on what is used NOW. Shouldn't at&t be FORAWARD looking? Ok so 1 out of 50 go over 2 GB. What was that number last year 1 out of 100? How about 2 years ago 1 out of 200? How about 3 years ago 1 out of 500? You see my point? Next year it might be 1 out of 25 in 2 years it might be 1 out of 10 in 3 years 1 out of 5. At some point what is considered "heavy" is normal or even light useage. 200 MB is considered "light" useage today. 5 years ago at&t would have called it "heavy".
Ya and when that time comes they will adjust. But for now thats how it stands.

Honestly I dont see this as a bad thing because now I can get my wife a smartphone and I know for a fact she wont use more than 2gigs. In fact I use my phone heavily for work, checking email, stocks, etc. I hardly browse web with it, but sometimes do and I thought I was using a lot of data but it turns according to my data use per month I never go over 200mb LOL which was shocking to me. So now, even I can save.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by AzzKicker:

Oh so in 2015 they'll have 2010 pricing like how in 2010 they have 2005 pricing. At which point does at&t actually catch-up to modern times?
MyDogHsFleas
Premium Member
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX

MyDogHsFleas

Premium Member

said by 88615298:

said by AzzKicker:

Oh so in 2015 they'll have 2010 pricing like how in 2010 they have 2005 pricing. At which point does at&t actually catch-up to modern times?
I keep seeing you say this over and over again. My challenge is: show me the US carrier who is pricing their data at 1/10 AT&T's rate, as you assert AT&T should be to have "2010 pricing". If you can't (and I know you can't), then your "modern times pricing" is just in your head and has no relationship to reality.
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin

said by MyDogHsFleas:

said by 88615298:

said by AzzKicker:

I keep seeing you say this over and over again. My challenge is: show me the US carrier who is pricing their data at 1/10 AT&T's rate, as you assert AT&T should be to have "2010 pricing". If you can't (and I know you can't), then your "modern times pricing" is just in your head and has no relationship to reality.
Asking to compare US carriers to AT&T is asinine, given the uncompetitive nature of the wireless American market. Yet even within the US market one can look at Sprint, T-Mobile, or even Verizon to see that unlimited is quite viable.

If such a small % of users are downloading so much data, the effect on the network should be minimal. It's not the amount you download that counts- it's the rate at which you download. And since *that* is essentially capped by available spectrum, the whole tier-based system is one giant deception.