uniqs
share rss forum feed

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX
kudos:5
reply to 88615298

Re: If they bumped it up to 5 GB instead of 2GB...

I think the bottom line here is that watching streaming video on your large screen device (laptop/iPad) over 3G is just not something AT&T is going to subsidize any more with unlimited data plans. They want their network to be available for other use cases. If you want streaming video, do it over wifi, is the message.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by MyDogHsFleas:

I think the bottom line here is that watching streaming video on your large screen device (laptop/iPad) over 3G is just not something AT&T is going to subsidize any more with unlimited data plans. They want their network to be available for other use cases. If you want streaming video, do it over wifi, is the message.
Not everyone has wi-fi Einstien. And no one said a thing about subsidzing anything. If my cable comapny can provide me with 250 GB a month for $55 then At&t can do 1/10 that don't you think? And $1 per GB is MORE than enough to pay for upgrades AND make a profit.

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
reply to MyDogHsFleas
said by MyDogHsFleas:

The cost of bandwidth is quite small, even over wireless. The greatest cost of any network has always been the initial layout of the network. AT&T's $10/GB is insanely overpriced given what carriers charge in Europe.