join:2009-08-04
Sugar Land, TX

1 edit

WernerSchutz to patcat88

to patcat88

Re: Only people really affected are video streamers

said by patcat88:

said by Morac:

Set up some playlists ahead of time. On the 3GS you can use voice command it to play playlists.
Still too hard. I don't want to know the names or songs of the artists I listen to. I dont want to weed out old songs, or have to decide if I heard that song "enough" times. I just want to click the genre and my interaction ends at that. I'm that lazy.
Users are trying to get what radio does not offer anymore: good music, selection of specific genres, exposure to new music that a user has interest in. I listen to eurodance music. In the Houston area there is nothing like that on the radio. I pay $5/month to di.fm to listen to vocal eurodance music streamed to my iphone 3g. I am not stealing anything. di.fm has a license to broadcast that music, I am paying for service to AT&T and di.fm and I DO NOT HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE INCESSANT LAUGHING AND STUPID JOKES that the DJ's feel they have to do every 2 minutes, plus the endless advertisements interspersed with the occasional music which is barely supportable.

You want to hear annoying ? Listen to 104.1 FM in Houston and that horrid woman's laughing in the morning and you WILL be pissed off all day.

I hate Clearchannel and their "selection" of music and irritating DJ's. I do not like XM radio. Streaming over 3g is an excellent alternative.
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88

Thats why internet radio is so great, youll eventually find a internet radio station that meets your taste. DI is a pretty good collection of generes, i listen to DI myself.
WernerSchutz
join:2009-08-04
Sugar Land, TX

WernerSchutz

said by patcat88:

Thats why internet radio is so great, youll eventually find a internet radio station that meets your taste. DI is a pretty good collection of generes, i listen to DI myself.
Yes. When there is a good product, people will try it and then buy it. Maybe MPAA/RIAA and the cable industry should pay attention.

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

Ha, I never even knew what DI.FM was, but I noticed that I have about a dozen saved favorite stations in my Blackberry TuneWiki app from Digitally Imported. I never bothered to investigate further, just enjoyed the music. Now I have a "face" to go along with the name.