spc
Search similar:

uniqs

kerom
@bellsouth.net

kerom

Anon

Taxes and fees for U-verse Internet

Can someone give me an idea what are the fees and any extra charges for Internet only Uverse?
I searched other posts but people usually bundle services and for TV and telephone some charges are mandatory.

I live in NC and each state can have different rules but don't mind hearing from y'all
Thanks

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert

Mod

I am seeing 4 surcharges and 3 fees on my bill.

Of the 4 surcharges, 2 are clearly for video, one is uncertain (but only $0.28), and the other is "Federal Universal Service Fund" at $4.77.

The fees are harder to decipher. There's a 911 fee, which is likely only for the telephone service. And then there are "IL State Telecommunication Excise Tax" at $3.80 and "IL Municipal Telecommunication Tax" at $3.25. My guess is that those are not Internet related, but I cannot be certain of that.

Of all that I see listed, the FUSF is the most likely to affect you.
gregmck
join:2009-07-18
Saginaw, MI

gregmck to kerom

to kerom
I have U-verse internet only and do not pay any additional fees.

I think I read somewhere that at&t charges an equipment fee now on internet only service. Somebody else would have to confirm since I had service before the fee was added.
Argus P
join:2004-08-31
Lake Cormorant, MS

Argus P to kerom

to kerom
I have internet only (Max Plus - 18 Mb/Sec), my bill is $55/month for the service + $3/month for the equipment.
Russell_
join:2006-04-06

Russell_ to kerom

to kerom
said by kerom :

Can someone give me an idea what are the fees and any extra charges for Internet only Uverse?
I searched other posts but people usually bundle services and for TV and telephone some charges are mandatory.

I live in NC and each state can have different rules but don't mind hearing from y'all
Thanks
No extra charges in NC.