Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

billmcc1280

join:2005-01-13
Decatur, TN

1 edit

Need a new ISP asap

I don't know if Localnet kicked me and my 2 accounts or if they are having problems. I cannot even sign in on their website. Anyone have any advice to a new ISP? 128 bonded that is not limited in channel hours?

Btw, I signed up with people pc and my router cannot connect to any of the 6 local numbers I have. All say non-isdn or no bearer channel available so they are definitely analog lines.

Thanks!

bbwithdrawls

join:2008-08-30
Vanleer, TN

I always have used and still use MSN for years with 128 , pops both channels , I know certain dial in # only work 128 , mine is a local # in Nashville , ill IM it to you

you might also try millinicom ,( acun. put the com in here ) they offered me 10.00 mth per 64 k channel
i was going to go that route but they didnt give me the warm and fuzzys on the technical details and I want to get rid of ISDN as soon as i can ,

billmcc1280

Decatur, TN
reply to billmcc1280

I hear ya, I wish I could get rid of it too. Seems that will only happen when I move.

Thanks!

billmcc1280

Decatur, TN
reply to billmcc1280

you should get a kick out of this. Signed up for MSN and am testing out local access numbers.

Most numbers let me connect on up to 4 channels but limit download speed to 64. upload speed has been around 240. I have found one number that lets me get at least 128 so far.

AWD

join:2006-03-16
reply to billmcc1280

fyi:

»Attn: Rural areas - Can't qualify for DSL/Cable broadband?

aeblank

join:2004-09-07
Cadillac, MI
reply to billmcc1280

Funny you're having problems with localnet. Late last year, they made some configuration change that knocked out me, my parents, and my uncle. We're all in the northern-lower peninsula of MI. I wonder if your issues are related.

I switched us all to peoplepc.