spc
Search similar:

uniqs

walmart suk

Anon

[Rant] Wal-mart's Self Check out- "Double payment Scam"

went to wal-mart and used self check out

machine says Declined

(card has a nice limit and about only $173 used up ) then when i get home it says 213 used out of the limt(not going to disclose it)

ended up paying with my back up card

Now WTF did i just Double pay?

i will file charge back

if that does not work i will Sue them and sue them to get rid of the self check out

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC

Jahntassa

Premium Member

More than likely you are seeing a temporary authorization and not an actual charge.

Wait for a week. If it isn't off by then, then you can file a chargeback. In reality it should be a couple of days, but it depends on the bank.

walmart suk

Anon

I hope it gets removed before the 13th, that is when I pay my bill( in full)

lucky it was not my debit card

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction to walmart suk

Premium Member

to walmart suk
Sue them to get rid of the self checkout LOL.

I agree with Jahntassa most likely it is just the auth on there not the actual charge. It doesn't need to get 'removed' if this is the case it will never show up on a bill regardless.

Weirdal
Premium Member
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE

Weirdal to walmart suk

Premium Member

to walmart suk
said by walmart suk :

if that does not work i will Sue them and sue them to get rid of the self check out
haha

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to walmart suk

Premium Member

to walmart suk
On my BofA CC it's easy to tell temporary auths from real, posted transactions when I check online.

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

1 edit

Omega to walmart suk

Premium Member

to walmart suk
You realize it would cost far far more to sue them than it would just to live with the double charge? (Not that I am saying you shouldn't contest it, but still, suing a big corporation like that over such a trivial matter is just stupid.)

guyver01
In Brightest Day
join:2001-01-04
Littleton, CO

guyver01 to walmart suk

to walmart suk
said by walmart suk :

(card has a nice limit and about only $173 used up )
i will Sue them and sue them to get rid of the self check out
so.. you think $400 is a "nice limit" ... and you plan on spending millions to sue walmart?

good luck with that.

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna to walmart suk

to walmart suk
You actually haven't given us all the information to properly document your post.

Were you paying with a Credit Card, Debit Card, Gift Card, Prepaid Debit Card, or what?

Additionally, you can't file a chargeback on any card until it actually posts to your account.

With a credit card, you can document your dispute, but you can not "dispute/chargeback" until the "unauthorized" charge appears on the next billling cycle.

Debit cards have different rules that vary with each bank. DEBIT cards are a little hard to dispute, SINCE, you keyed in your pin...you're basically authorizing that charge for THAT amount.

More than likely, the charge was a "temporary" authorization of some nature, and will generally fall off in about 5 days when there is no "legitimate" charge for it to match to.

Sue walmart, righhhhhht. Good luck......

I have not seen any checkouts in any new stores in this area. I would guess they are gradually getting rid of them.
said by walmart suk :

machine says Declined

(card has a nice limit and about only $173 used up ) then when i get home it says 213 used out of the limt(not going to disclose it)

i will file charge back

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek to walmart suk

Premium Member

to walmart suk
You think double charge is bad, I recently was charged 8 times at a local smoothie shop. The girl running the register kept saying she was having problems with the credit card machine and kept swiping my card. I kept telling her to forget it I'd pay with cash but she seemed adamant about getting the credit card machine to work. After the 8th time I demanded my card back and handed her cash. Luckily I was thinking and asked for a receipt showing I paid cash. Sure enough when I checked my acct online a few days later I was charged 8 times. I'm sure the store would have only refunded 7 of them had I not had the cash receipt.

The store manager gave me 2 free smoothies for my troubles too!

compuguybna
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

Never any troubles with self-checkouts...

but the local subway did the same thing to me. Their credit card terminal is tied into their phone line.
If the machine is transmitting a sale, and someone is on the phone or a phone call came in at the same time, it will double charge you, of course, only 1 slip prints out.....I am not sure if that was the issue of the fact that their printer ran out of paper in the same transaction, so the dumb clerk just runs my card again so i'd have a slip to sign.
when I got back home, i seem three transactions. Only after I took my statement back to the store did the owner just give me the money back (claims he didn't know how to "refund" a credit card transaction.
Yeah, that and a free sub.
People and machines do make mistakes, but in my cases, have been pretty good about correcting it......

Happened at a gas station as well. Put my card in, read it supposedly), said authorizing, then it said "CARD READ ERROR"...so like a dumb***, I slid it again.
Showed as temp auth's for says, but eventually converted to TWO charges of $21.00. OUCH!
said by thegeek:

You think double charge is bad, I recently was charged 8 times at a local smoothie shop. The girl running the register kept saying she was having problems with the credit card machine and kept swiping my card. I kept telling her to forget it I'd pay with cash but she seemed adamant about getting the credit card machine to work. After the 8th time I demanded my card back and handed her cash. Luckily I was thinking and asked for a receipt showing I paid cash. Sure enough when I checked my acct online a few days later I was charged 8 times. I'm sure the store would have only refunded 7 of them had I not had the cash receipt.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to walmart suk

Premium Member

to walmart suk
how very odd sounds like a layer 8 issue

compuguybna
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

Lastly, check your credit card / bank card statements online everytime you've used them in a day.
said by DarkLogix:

how very odd sounds like a layer 8 issue

Technogeez
Agape in amazement.
Premium Member
join:2007-01-20

Technogeez to walmart suk

Premium Member

to walmart suk
said by walmart suk :

machine says Declined

i will file charge back

You'd probably have better luck clocking in and charging them for the time you spent checking your own items out.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to walmart suk

Premium Member

to walmart suk
i guess ive been lucky, ive never had a problem with in person transactions. i did have a problem with the USPS website printing a label, the problem however was my fault! not theirs. i had forgotten i disabled javascript in adobe, i wonderd why the stuff wasnt loading right, what i didnt know is each time it wasnt loading right, thats right, i was billed. it was all temp auth's and all of them disapeard in a couple of days so no big deal.

humans make error's.

walmart suk to compuguybna

Anon

to compuguybna
said by compuguybna:

You actually haven't given us all the information to properly document your post.

Were you paying with a Credit Card, Debit Card, Gift Card, Prepaid Debit Card, or what?

Additionally, you can't file a chargeback on any card until it actually posts to your account.

With a credit card, you can document your dispute, but you can not "dispute/chargeback" until the "unauthorized" charge appears on the next billling cycle.

Debit cards have different rules that vary with each bank. DEBIT cards are a little hard to dispute, SINCE, you keyed in your pin...you're basically authorizing that charge for THAT amount.

More than likely, the charge was a "temporary" authorization of some nature, and will generally fall off in about 5 days when there is no "legitimate" charge for it to match to.

Sue walmart, righhhhhht. Good luck......

I have not seen any checkouts in any new stores in this area. I would guess they are gradually getting rid of them.
said by walmart suk :

machine says Declined

i will file charge back

credit card

i pissed as it may trigger a interest rate charge

trying to keep the track of 0.00 "payed interest"

bottem line is I want to be a unprofitable customer
peanutbutter7
join:2010-02-28

peanutbutter7

I bought a monitor last week at tigerdirect. At the cash register they had to swipe my card twice, they said the first transaction didn't go through.

Before I had even left the parking lot of the store I received a call on my cell from my credit card company asking if i bought two $299 items.. apparently they've been dealing with a lot of company's double charging customers...

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
Irving, TX

sivran to walmart suk

Premium Member

to walmart suk
Yes. I'm sure Walmart deliberately programmed their SCO machines to pretend to decline your card and double bill you. Quite.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb to walmart suk

Premium Member

to walmart suk
said by walmart suk :

i pissed as it may trigger a interest rate charge

trying to keep the track of 0.00 "payed interest"

surely the bank isn't that anal where they couldn't fix any interest rate charge (change?) that would happen as a result. walmart may be scandalous on many things, but I doubt there is a "double payment scam" going on.

compuguybna
Nashville, TN

1 edit

compuguybna to sivran

to sivran
I seriously doubt that . .
said by sivran:

Yes. I'm sure Walmart deliberately programmed their SCO machines to pretend to decline your card and double bill you. Quite.
ddwrt4
Sit down and drink with me
join:2010-06-09
Albany, NY

ddwrt4 to walmart suk

to walmart suk
said by walmart suk :

machine says Declined

i will file charge back

ddwrt4

ddwrt4 to walmart suk

to walmart suk
said by walmart suk :

machine says Declined

i will file charge back

Yeah sue them, that helps everyone out.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

DocDrew to walmart suk

Premium Member

to walmart suk
Is that Anonymous_ posting about double charges again?

The general complaint, description, and grammar of the post certainly make me believe it is....

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

1 edit

CylonRed to walmart suk

MVM

to walmart suk
quote:
Then do not use a credit card - the banks make money on fees every time you use it.

If this was a 'scam' then it would be noticed in hours...
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to walmart suk

Premium Member

to walmart suk
If you don't like self check out then why did you use it? Our Walmart stores haven't had those in years and only had two for about four months. Folks here were insulted by them and they have been gone for a long time. The only store on the island with them now is Home Depot.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to thegeek

Premium Member

to thegeek
said by thegeek:

I always get nervous when they ask to swipe the card again because it did not work.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
Irving, TX

1 recommendation

sivran to compuguybna

Premium Member

to compuguybna
said by compuguybna:

I seriously doubt that . .
said by sivran:

You took my post seriously. Wow.

76306649 (banned)
Never fear the truth
join:2010-06-02
Back Home

76306649 (banned)

Of course they did, if they double bill a few million people a day and it takes a day or so for each person to catch it they can make a day or so of interest on millions.

Hazeleyze
join:2003-05-09
Wauseon, OH

Hazeleyze to walmart suk

to walmart suk
I've had a couple of double charges on my card from other businesses. It must be a whole country conspiracy.

Maybe you ought to run home and hide under the bed because there's no place that will be safe now.

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako to Omega

Premium Member

to Omega
said by Omega:

You realize it would cost far far more to sue them than it would just to live with the double charge? (Not that I am saying you shouldn't contest it, but still, suing a big corporation like that over such a trivial matter is just stupid.)
You do realize when you sue someone and win, unless you are a complete moron, you will be paid for all attorney's fees and court fees?