uniqs

SteveLV702
Premium Member
join:2004-04-22
Las Vegas, NV

SteveLV702

Premium Member

Clear lol

comparable to Clearwire well thats easy seeing how when I had clear I never got over 0.5Mbps and thats if the horrible service even worked....
xenophon
join:2007-09-17

xenophon

Re: Clear lol

You probably have pre-WiMAX, not mobile WiMAX. How long ago did you have it?

SteveLV702
Premium Member
Las Vegas, NV

SteveLV702

Premium Member

said by xenophon:

You probably have pre-WiMAX, not mobile WiMAX. How long ago did you have it?
I got clear back in November when they launched in Las Vegas, NV and cancelled middle of December..
xenophon

xenophon

Ah, this is what I typically get and this is on a phone... and up to 7Mbps. Of course if on the fringe of coverage, it will be under 1Mbps as with any carrier.

SteveLV702
Premium Member
Las Vegas, NV

SteveLV702

Premium Member

said by xenophon:

Ah, this is what I typically get and this is on a phone... and up to 7Mbps. Of course if on the fringe of coverage, it will be under 1Mbps as with any carrier.

well here is my Clear speed test

and here is my current Cox Communications

xenophon

2 edits

xenophon

That test was back in 2009. The low ping time suggests you were no where near a tower. What did the Clear maps say then... were you in solid coverage area?

SteveLV702
Premium Member
Las Vegas, NV

SteveLV702

Premium Member

said by xenophon:

That test was back in 2009. The low ping time suggests you were no where near a tower. What did the Clear maps say then... were you in solid coverage area?
Yes and when I talked to them they said tower is less then a 4th of a mile away.. but oh well canceled and no longer with them..

pchrisbear
@cox.net

pchrisbear to SteveLV702

Anon

to SteveLV702
They launched in June/July 2009 @ Las Vegas, and it was GREAT - got 10megs down almost all the time...... 3-4 months later, they went downhill, way down hill, I had problems even getting a signal -- I even drove the "home" device around to find better signals and they were better in some parts, but no where near the advertised 6Mb/s; a year later (now), they suck bad, and I got out of my contract due to it.