spc
Search similar:

uniqs

andunn
join:2001-09-06
Willard, MO

andunn

New Vonage Plan - Vonage Lite 200

I saw it on their website for only $9.99. Does anyone know if it has the same feature in that all incoming calls are free like the other plans?
WA 425
join:2006-08-19
Lynnwood, WA

WA 425

Yes, if you click the link it says that incoming calls are free.

Thanks for alerting me to this plan, though I have a feeling they're not going to want to let me switch to it.
WA 425

WA 425

I was able to switch to it just now.

Thanks again, OP.

ExitWound
Porsche Snob
join:2001-12-13
Boalsburg, PA

ExitWound to andunn

to andunn
Just switched from the 500m plan to the 200 since I don't use more than 100/month.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

newview

Premium Member

I switched also . . . I never use more than 100 or so each month and ever since taxes & fees the cost has risen considerably.

Nov 26, 2006 - $18.87
May 26, 2010 - $25.28

snolsen
join:2004-01-10
Bedford, NH

snolsen to andunn

to andunn
Does it affect your contract?
WA 425
Lynnwood, WA

WA 425

said by snolsen:

Yes, the plan requires a year's contract.

The good news is that they don't charge the $10 plan change fee.
WA 425

WA 425 to andunn

to andunn
I just got my first bill since switching plans, and it turns out it's more than just an $8 savings as the fees are lower on the new plan.

Total bill is $13.52, which is $3 less than expected.

andunn
Willard, MO

andunn

Besides the extra 100 minutes is there any difference between the $9.99 100 minute account hold plan that I'm on?
WA 425
Lynnwood, WA

WA 425

said by andunn:

Besides the extra 100 minutes is there any difference between the $9.99 100 minute account hold plan that I'm on?
I'm guessing that you probably have a lower rate than 5¢ per minute for outgoing calls if you go over (probably 3.9¢). Also, you'll have an additional year of obligation on your contract if you switch.

Other than that, I can't think of anything that could be different.

andunn
Willard, MO

andunn

Ah yes, I forgot about that. I will probably stick with the plan I'm on as I only use about 20-30 minutes a month.

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC

1 recommendation

Jahntassa to andunn

Premium Member

to andunn
Glad I checked out this forum today. I was looking at my bills and looking to axe Vonage, but this helps out a lot.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to WA 425

Premium Member

to WA 425
said by WA 425:
said by snolsen:

Yes, the plan requires a year's contract.

The good news is that they don't charge the $10 plan change fee.
You might want to check out your Vonage billing history, and your debit/credit card account charges. Remember, Vonage already has your debit/credit card account information on file, so just because you were not prompted for debit/credit card information, does not mean that you were not charged.

Here is my invoice for converting from the World Plan to the Lite Plan:

In my case, the good news was that even though the difference in price between the plan rates was $15, the actual difference on my bill was $20 because some of the bogus add-on fees are based on the plan rate.
WA 425
Lynnwood, WA

WA 425

said by NetFixer:

You might want to check out your Vonage billing history, and your debit/credit card account charges. Remember, Vonage already has your debit/credit card account information on file, so just because you were not prompted for debit/credit card information, does not mean that you were not charged.
I've scoured my Vonage and credit card records and can confirm that I was not charged the fee to switch plans. I was charged it when I switched from the unlimited to the 500 plan back in March '09, and was fully expecting to be charged it again with this plan change, but for whatever reason I wasn't.

mbi777
join:2002-05-24
Orlando, FL

mbi777 to andunn

to andunn
Awesome thanks! Was not aware of this new plan. Easy switchover done.

andunn
Willard, MO

andunn

Can someone let me know when they get billed for the first month what their total bill was.
andunn

andunn

Does anyone know if Vonage still has the $4.99 plan?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to andunn

Premium Member

to andunn
said by andunn:

Can someone let me know when they get billed for the first month what their total bill was.
I have the $9.99 Lite plan and a $9.99 fax line, and my first bill after downgrading to the Lite plan was $33.40:

I would assume that without the fax line the bill would be 1/2 of that amount.
ggmorton
join:2002-07-24
Cookeville, TN

ggmorton to andunn

to andunn
said by andunn:

Does anyone know if Vonage still has the $4.99 plan?
I've had the $4.99 plan since March 23, 2007.
voiptalk
join:2010-04-10
Gainesville, VA

voiptalk to NetFixer

to NetFixer

They now have an Intellectual Property Fee?!

I was a loyal customer for 5 years and left when the fees started getting ridiculous .... they have now advanced to the point of being outright bizarre.

burgerwars
join:2004-09-11
Northridge, CA

burgerwars

said by voiptalk:

They now have an Intellectual Property Fee?!

I was a loyal customer for 5 years and left when the fees started getting ridiculous .... they have now advanced to the point of being outright bizarre.

I thought you were kidding, until I did a search for it:

»support.vonage.com/doc/e ··· /361.xml

Maybe I should start charging for one too. I accept PayPal.
WA 425
Lynnwood, WA

WA 425 to andunn

to andunn
said by andunn:

My first bill after switching to the $9.99 200 minute plan was 13.52, down from 24.80 on the previous bill when I was on the $17.99 500 minute plan.
said by voiptalk:

Intellectual Property Fee
Yes, as the largest and most successful non-cable VoIP provider by far, Vonage is constantly being sued by parties claiming that Vonage's technology was stolen from them, so they have legal expenses as a result.

But it was probably a poor marketing decision on Vonage's part to include that in the name of the fee. "Regulatory and compliance" should have been adequate.
Matthewb
join:2000-02-09
Crofton, MD

Matthewb to andunn

to andunn
When I go to change my plan online I do not see the option for this new plan. Do I need to order this like a new customer or something?
Matthewb

Matthewb

To answer my own question, I had to call to get it changed. For whatever reason, lite did not show as an option under "change my plan". Tech support will be made aware of this according to the service rep. All in all it was a very good call, no waiting and and a competent service rep.

I was charged for $9.99 for changing plans (verified on credit card).
Matthewb

Matthewb

My first Vonage Lite bill was $14.64 down from $26.25 on the Basic 500. I looks like they do not charge the $1.99 "Emergency 911 and Information Services Fee" on the Lite plan.

ExitWound
Porsche Snob
join:2001-12-13
Boalsburg, PA

ExitWound

July charges
Here's what mine ends up being:
ratatosk
join:2010-03-26
New Westminster, BC

ratatosk to andunn

to andunn
I just cancelled yesterday. voip.ms is so much cheaper for a light user especially considering the weird fees.

tyrnnsrs
join:2007-09-26
Hamilton, ON

tyrnnsrs to andunn

to andunn
It's a shame they don't offer this in Canada.