uniqs
share rss forum feed

burgerwars

join:2004-09-11
Northridge, CA
reply to voiptalk

Re: New Vonage Plan - Vonage Lite 200

said by voiptalk:

They now have an Intellectual Property Fee?!

I was a loyal customer for 5 years and left when the fees started getting ridiculous .... they have now advanced to the point of being outright bizarre.

I thought you were kidding, until I did a search for it:

»support.vonage.com/doc/en_us/361.xml

Maybe I should start charging for one too. I accept PayPal.

WA 425

join:2006-08-19
Lynnwood, WA
reply to andunn

said by andunn:

Can someone let me know when they get billed for the first month what their total bill was.
My first bill after switching to the $9.99 200 minute plan was 13.52, down from 24.80 on the previous bill when I was on the $17.99 500 minute plan.

said by voiptalk:

Intellectual Property Fee
Yes, as the largest and most successful non-cable VoIP provider by far, Vonage is constantly being sued by parties claiming that Vonage's technology was stolen from them, so they have legal expenses as a result.

But it was probably a poor marketing decision on Vonage's part to include that in the name of the fee. "Regulatory and compliance" should have been adequate.

Matthewb

join:2000-02-09
Crofton, MD
reply to andunn

When I go to change my plan online I do not see the option for this new plan. Do I need to order this like a new customer or something?
--
Matt

Matthewb

Crofton, MD

To answer my own question, I had to call to get it changed. For whatever reason, lite did not show as an option under "change my plan". Tech support will be made aware of this according to the service rep. All in all it was a very good call, no waiting and and a competent service rep.

I was charged for $9.99 for changing plans (verified on credit card).
--
Matt

Matthewb

Crofton, MD

My first Vonage Lite bill was $14.64 down from $26.25 on the Basic 500. I looks like they do not charge the $1.99 "Emergency 911 and Information Services Fee" on the Lite plan.
--
Matt

ExitWound
Porsche Snob

join:2001-12-13
State College, PA

July charges
Here's what mine ends up being:
--
»www.theexitwound.com

ratatosk

join:2010-03-26
New Westminster, BC
reply to andunn

I just cancelled yesterday. voip.ms is so much cheaper for a light user especially considering the weird fees.

theninjasqua

join:2007-09-26
Hamilton, ON
reply to andunn

It's a shame they don't offer this in Canada.
--

-theninjasquad