More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:32
reply to ahubbard

Re: MI424WR-GEN2 Rev E Configuration Thread

Yes. Those numbers look fine.

That rules out the concern I had about whether or not a coax or splitter issue was interfering with communication between the STB and the MR-DVR.

I'm still concerned about the low Broadband coax (WAN) stats. Those look awfully low. Are you having any issues with your WAN connection?

Sorry for the confusion over where the link to coax stats was.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

ahubbard

join:2001-06-22
Olney, MD
No problem, thanks for checking.

No WAN issues that I'm aware of, I work at home, so I'm on it constantly, I'd likely be aware. Speeds and latency are both good.

Thanks again.

ahubbard

Olney, MD
Figured it out! Although I ordered an HD home media DVR, I just discovered that they shipped a regular HD DVR. Sheesh, you think they would have an error message that indicated you don't have multi-room capability or something. Thanks for your help!

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:32
said by ahubbard:

Figured it out! Although I ordered an HD home media DVR, I just discovered that they shipped a regular HD DVR.
There is no physical difference between the HD-DVR and the MR-DVR.
MR-DVR is a software "feature" that is enabled remotely.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

ahubbard

Olney, MD
That's interesting! They told me to return the HD DVR and exchange it for a HD Home Media DVR. I'll give them a call.

Thanks.

ahubbard

Olney, MD
didn't even need to call. just ordered it right from the remote. thanks for help!