uniqs
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM to jason26

Premium Member

to jason26

Re: voip.ms: Anyone have GOOD inbound DID service?

I'm sorry to hear that, I would be glad to investigate the latency on your American Number if you can open a ticket with us and let me know the # via PM. Thank you.
jason26
join:2010-06-08

jason26

As I'm not a high usage customer I don't want to bother you guys too much

Can you let me know what an acceptable level of latency is? Not round-trip.. Say between 2 calls in NA? I assume there is some acceptable level that is not worth looking into if it is under that level, even if its not as good as some others.

Thanks.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

1 recommendation

MartinM

Premium Member

@jason26

It doesn't matter that you're not a high usage customer, 1-2 seconds is too much latency. On echo test, when you speak you should hear your voice almost at the same time, with a slight delay, well below 1 second. Let us know the number and we'll perform tests and fix the issue if it's on our side.
TBaritone
Premium Member
join:2010-01-19
Redmond, WA

TBaritone

Premium Member

I experieced latency of up to two seconds a few times, but I noticed it only happened with a particular softphone on my wireless laptop. All my ATAs worked perfectly.

I chalked it up to the laptop having an intermittent wireless connection, so the softphone detected a significant amount of jitter or lost packets, and it reacted by increasing its buffer to an extreme size.

I haven't had the problem in months, roughly since I got a new wireless router. The new router also has QoS prioritization, so that could also have something to do with it.