share rss forum feed

Oleg
Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
kudos:2

3 recommendations

[video] Judge Judy Bullys The Bully

When a bully and a victim are brought before the Judge, she wastes no time in finding the truth and taking the bully down a peg or two.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eYzbQfaL90

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5aFQWvtYi4&NR=1

djr777
Premium
join:2005-01-25
Pacific Grove, CA

1 recommendation

I hope that young girl learned that important life lesson.

That was one of the better episodes of Judge Judy. Judy needs just a little more restraint on her verbal attacks and her too quick to judge attitude. I think she could actually be a valuable teacher of how the law really works but she shouldn't be so high minded. I do like her but she needs to bring it down a notch or two.
--
...there will be an answer. let it be

BKayrac
Premium
join:2001-09-29
Madison, WI

said by djr777:

That was one of the better episodes of Judge Judy. Judy needs just a little more restraint on her verbal attacks and her too quick to judge attitude. I think she could actually be a valuable teacher of how the law really works but she shouldn't be so high minded. I do like her but she needs to bring it down a notch or two.
most probably many good reasons why she is not in a real courtroom

Gotta Do What Ya Gotta Do
Premium
join:2000-09-02
Here
kudos:1

She used to be a "real" judge, you need to keep in mind that even though it is legally binding arbitration it is entertainment.
--
It is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by 61999674:

She used to be a "real" judge, you need to keep in mind that even though it is legally binding arbitration it is entertainment.
In an interview, Judge Judy stated that when she was a Family Court Judge, she didn't act the way she does on TV. However, the way she acts on TV is what makes her the millions ($100 million for a 5 year contract). Like you said, it is entertainment.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

Gotta Do What Ya Gotta Do
Premium
join:2000-09-02
Here

At some level, the same holds true for all the Court shows.

Premium
join:2005-10-01

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to Oleg

Rashonda will be an uneducated high school drop out unwed mother within the next 3 years.

Bank it.

Redawg81
T3h N3wb

join:2001-08-04
Jacksonville, FL

said by 16944772:

Rashonda will be an uneducated high school drop out unwed mother within the next 3 years.

Bank it.
^^^

R3d

Mauricio
aka CigaR
Premium
join:2008-12-06
Montreal, PQ
reply to Oleg

She should have been given community work instead of the $10 fine.

garywk

join:2001-03-06
Clarkston, WA

1 recommendation

reply to djr777

said by djr777:

You gotta be kidding me... You don't want judges to be idealistic about the law and justice?

What do you want? Judges who don't care about the law and justice? That's a sure recipe for corruption, injustice, and the law being flouted on a regular basis. You know, like we have now in our judicial system

Judge Judy did a merciful thing for that little brat. She taught her that lying and bullying isn't acceptable behavior and that there are consequences for both kinds of behavior. Obviously, no one else in her life was teaching the kid that, so Judge Judy did the merciful thing. She taught the kid the lesson before the kid could get into even more serious behavioral problems that would have even more serious consequences in her life. Good for Judge Judy.

Justice and mercy go hand in hand, and if our judicial system had many more idealistic judges we would have a much more fair judicial system in this country. Joe Blow could go to court and expect to get justice, not a royal screwing because his opponent had much deeper pockets.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8

Judge Judy is as corrupt as they come garywk See Profile. She uses law as a prejudice to ridicule people for big, fat pay checks.

I'm not saying I wouldn't do the same, but this lady cares a lot more about money than justice. There was once an episode where she had her poodle with her.

You think any self-respecting judge would bring their dog in a courtroom during a case they are presiding?

She's a joke, but she does provide good entertainment.

Premium

You realize this is a television show and not a real courtroom, right?

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8

said by 16944772:

You realize this is a television show and not a real courtroom, right?
It is legal arbitration. Each party sign a contract that stipulates Judy's judgment is final and cannot be appealed in the court of law.

Real courtroom or not, she tries to passes for a real judge, doesn't she?

Oleg
Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
reply to 16944772

Maybe cases are real »www.judgejudy.com/submit_case.php

Premium

3 edits
reply to TigerLord

said by TigerLord:

It is legal arbitration. Each party sign a contract that stipulates Judy's judgment is final and cannot be appealed in the court of law.

Real courtroom or not, she tries to passes for a real judge, doesn't she?
What part of "it's a television show" do you not understand?

You know ... acting ... over-dramatic ... ad revenue ... ratings ... et hoc genus omne.

And yes, at one time she was a "real judge" ...

quote:
The show's creation stemmed from Judith Sheindlin's reputation as one of the most outspoken family court judges in the country, becoming the topic of a Los Angeles Times article in February 1993. The piece caught the attention of 60 Minutes, leading to a segment about Sheindlin on the show, which brought her national recognition. This led to her being approached by television producers, who asked her to preside over her own courtroom reality show.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Judy

--
Broadminded is just another way of saying a fellow is too lazy to form his own opinion. - Will Rogers

Shamayim
I already have a Messiah.
Premium
join:2002-09-23
reply to Oleg

That was sweet. There are too many Rashonda's who never get what's coming to them.