spc
Search similar:

uniqs

georgetown
@cgocable.net

georgetown

Anon

Arris / Docsis 3 modem problems??

Anyone got an Arris TM722 modem giving them grief? My phone service and internet service (ultimate 30) will die several times a day. I'm in Georgetown/Halton Hills.

Simply hitting reset clears problems, until the next outage. Modem has already been swapped for the same model and still problems.

I consistently get 30 Mbit service, even on weekend nights. Teevee is unaffected!!. Two high quality splitters, verfifyed by Cocegco technicians are used on this line. Total 100 feet worth of high quality cable. No issues with the router.

Techician wouldn't tell me but I looked at his testing gadget says my line is about 36 db down and about 475 mhz. I think the upstream was 27 mhz. I had an amplifier on the line but he suggested to take it off because the signal was too strong and would kill the modem sooner. I only had the amplifier on for about 1 week. Problems with my modem crapping out regardless of amplier and replacment splitters.

Does anyone have any expierence with telephone over IP docsis 3 modems. Are Arris the only ones that do this with Cogeco? This one is a TM722.
vertiman
join:2007-09-17
Milton, ON

vertiman

I had the same issue with the arris modem, I didn't need it though and got it replaced with a non voip cisco modem and haven't had any issues since.

Call cogeco next time the Internet is offline and ask them to diagnose it for you. Maybe you just got 2 bad modems?

georgetown
@cgocable.net

georgetown

Anon

They won't or cant' diagnose it from the call centre. I don't think they can. They will only send out technicians. Techincian was out and hinted there are docsis 3 rollout problems but does that mean the modem or the streams? He phoned some dude on his blackberry and they dicussed "engineers are working on it".

I cannot use 192.168.100.1 to check the modem for issues. The only docsis 3.0 VOIP modem available to me is this Arris I think but I'm not sure.

For flakey service it's nice to see consistant 30 Mbit service when it's up. Maybe problems with the streaming.

Does anyone know if the siginal strength numbers I gave are good or bad?
docbg
join:2004-03-10
Ancaster, ON

docbg to georgetown

to georgetown
I am having a similar issue with the Cisco modem. It can happen once a day or not at all for a few days... Internet becomes nonaccessible and power cycling the modem resolves the problem until next time. I really doubt it is the modem as the problem is so intermittent. I do use a splitter (same one I used with my previous docsis 2 modem without issues) so perhaps the D3 modem requires a stronger signal that the splitter is interfering with.

Cogeco_Asa
Ignorance is bliss
join:2005-08-17
Trois-Rivieres, QC

Cogeco_Asa to georgetown

to georgetown
said by georgetown :

They won't or cant' diagnose it from the call centre. I don't think they can.
They can actually diagnose a lot of things from the Call Center but not this particular problem.

There is an incoming patch to solve some connectivity issues with D3, note that this is NOT on the modem side. (in fact, patch has already started to be deployed and will be done in a timely manner)

Sorry for any inconvenience.
docbg
join:2004-03-10
Ancaster, ON

docbg

Good to hear as power cycling the modem almost daily is getting rather annoying.
said by Cogeco_Asa:

said by georgetown :

They won't or cant' diagnose it from the call centre. I don't think they can.
They can actually diagnose a lot of things from the Call Center but not this particular problem.

There is an incoming patch to solve some connectivity issues with D3, note that this is NOT on the modem side. (in fact, patch has already started to be deployed and will be done in a timely manner)

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cogeco_Asa
Ignorance is bliss
join:2005-08-17
Trois-Rivieres, QC

Cogeco_Asa

I hear you!!

--have a D3 modem..