You live near the interstate right?

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72

Premium Member

Are you saying that ATT's coverage isn't even good near the interstates? That does seem to be the case. My best friend's iphone drops calls on his commute home pretty frequently. It must be the interference from the interstate.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

1 edit

ArrayList

Premium Member

My friend has dropped calls with AT&T all the time on the bus and on the El. T-Mobile on the other hand is everywhere in Chicago.

cp
Premium Member
join:2004-05-14
Wheaton, IL

cp to iLive4Fusion

Premium Member

to iLive4Fusion
said by iLive4Fusion:

said by cp:

Coverage is pretty damn good here.

AT&T on the other hand...
No, but I live in the 3rd largest city in the US. I see iPhone users complaining everyday that they are dropping calls and they can't get reception in buildings downtown. I have T-Mobile and I have coverage everywhere. I can even make phone calls on the subways. Not so much for iPhone users.

While it's not perfect, T-Mobiles quality and footprint in the city of Chicago far surpasses AT&T's. That's been my experience at least.

buddahbless
join:2005-03-21
Premium

buddahbless

Re: its a give and take in chitown

I have both ATT and Tmobile ( one for business and one for pleasure) and in Chicago its really a give and take there have been times Ive gotten full bars from TMO and the ATT signal was 2 bars and then in the SW, W, & NW burbs its almost the opposite. ( PS: I have a house in Orland Park). In Kankakee (1 hr south of Chicago) ATT kicks TMO butt but there coverage maps are almost identical. However TMO may do better in Big City areas, as I have noticed but outside of that its horrible, Florida is a great example. while driving through many un urban areas my TMO b.berry was SOS but ATT b.berry was still kicking.

Took a Amtrak train trip in Jan 2010 on the Silver Meteor from NYC to Orlando and 50-55% of the time my Tmobile phone was SOS my ATT phone was only SOS 20-25%. so Yes Tmoble coverage overall is worthless compared to ATT. Id expect Tmobile if your not going to build more towers where needed to fill in the gap at least work out a roaming agreement with ATTs for tower rights. Its outrageous if there was an incident and I can not call out because Tmobile has no tower in the area, yet the person next to me has ATT and is talking away, and were both on GSM networks with quadband phones.
cahiatt
Premium Member
join:2001-03-21
Smyrna, GA

cahiatt to ArrayList

Premium Member

to ArrayList

Re: ATT blows..

I can't even get halfway though a post before ATT drops my da..............

iLive4Fusion
Premium Member
join:2006-07-13

iLive4Fusion to tiger72

Premium Member

to tiger72

Re: Great,

said by tiger72:

Are you saying that ATT's coverage isn't even good near the interstates? That does seem to be the case. My best friend's iphone drops calls on his commute home pretty frequently. It must be the interference from the interstate.
The iPhone is the reason for the dropped call's. It's the worst phone for making/receiving calls. Depend's on the market where your at. All my dropped call's went away when I switched phones
iLive4Fusion

iLive4Fusion to cp

Premium Member

to cp
said by cp:

said by iLive4Fusion:

said by cp:

Coverage is pretty damn good here.

AT&T on the other hand...
No, but I live in the 3rd largest city in the US. I see iPhone users complaining everyday that they are dropping calls and they can't get reception in buildings downtown. I have T-Mobile and I have coverage everywhere. I can even make phone calls on the subways. Not so much for iPhone users.

While it's not perfect, T-Mobiles quality and footprint in the city of Chicago far surpasses AT&T's. That's been my experience at least.
Compare a different phone, the iPhone SUCKS for making calls!