sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa to mr_slick

Mod

to mr_slick

Re: bye bye low priced fiber :(

I wonder if this is only in the areas that Frontier is taking over?

mr_slick
join:2003-05-22
Lynnwood, WA

mr_slick

said by sashwa:

i believe so

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by mr_slick:

said by sashwa:

i believe so
Why would you believe so? They clearly state that it applies to areas outside Frontier's service area:
quote:
As your locations falls within that area , in the next few days you will be contacted by a DSL Extreme representative as well as an agent from Verizon to discuss this matter with you in more detail and assist in transitioning your service to Verizon’s retail offering.
If it didn't apply, they wouldn't have added that nor sent the email.

mr_slick
join:2003-05-22
Lynnwood, WA

mr_slick

said by cdru:

said by mr_slick:

said by sashwa:

i believe so
Why would you believe so? They clearly state that it applies to areas outside Frontier's service area:
quote:
As your locations falls within that area , in the next few days you will be contacted by a DSL Extreme representative as well as an agent from Verizon to discuss this matter with you in more detail and assist in transitioning your service to Verizon’s retail offering.
If it didn't apply, they wouldn't have added that nor sent the email.
i think that sashwa was asking if non-frontier areas are affected. which i stated i did not think so. the letter only speaks about frontier takeover areas. i am in a frontier takeover area.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by mr_slick:

i think that sashwa was asking if non-frontier areas are affected. which i stated i did not think so. the letter only speaks about frontier takeover areas. i am in a frontier takeover area.
Doh. I misread that then.
mstrlogcrw
join:2002-11-23
Granada Hills, CA

mstrlogcrw

I recieved a similar letter for my parents connection in a regular Verizon area, except the date for switchover is March 2011.

newFiberuser
@cnmcresearch.org

newFiberuser to mr_slick

Anon

to mr_slick
Am in DC area, and the email here is that service will transition in March 2011

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
428.1 21.6

sashwa to cdru

Mod

to cdru
I missed this sentence in mr_slick's email he shared with us:

All clients using this service in areas that were recently purchased by Frontier Communications will need to be transitioned directly to Verizon by July 1st, 2010.

But with mstrlogcrw's and newFiberuser's posts, it seems like it's happening in other Vz areas but at later dates.