This is a sub-selection from Atlantic Broadband Support Options
abbTim
join:2010-05-27
Altoona, PA

abbTim to robry

to robry

Re: Atlantic Broadband Support Options

robry,

Was this done with or without a router? If you don't mind can you do about 4 speedtests and let me know once these are complete.

Thank you
robry
Premium Member
join:2007-04-07
Bellefonte, PA

robry

Premium Member

With a router but all other traffic disabled. I'll connect my desktop system directly to the modem tomorrow morning and run 4 test spaced out during the day, 1 morning, 1 afternoon, 1 around 5pm and 1 at 9-10pm.
robry

robry to abbTim

Premium Member

to abbTim
Was downloading some windows updates for a PC I'm repairing and noticed it was going considering slower than 7~mbit.

immediately canceled windows updates and tested with speedcheck.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 3989 kbps (498.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 468 kbps (58.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:51:28 PM

All other traffic on my local network is disabled from the Internet. For further proof, I'll plug my desktop in directly tomorrow morning and test all day.

I've always had slowness Sunday nights for some reason, not sure why. The speeds have improved, but to say its completely fixed would be a lie. I appreciate your guys help, I dunno why or what, but it appears the node I'm on is still pretty populated. Last thing I could think it could be is my modem. If that's a possibility, I'm going to go by a Motorola.
robry

robry to abbTim

Premium Member

to abbTim
Here is my test done at 9:30PM tonight, with the modem connected directly to my PC. I'll do a few more before hook the router back up tonight.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 6615 kbps (826.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 493 kbps (61.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Monday, June 28, 2010 9:27:08 PM
robry

robry

Premium Member

Another test, still directly connected, you can see what I mean:

Last Result:
Download Speed: 4899 kbps (612.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 487 kbps (60.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Monday, June 28, 2010 9:59:24 PM
abbTim
join:2010-05-27
Altoona, PA

abbTim

to robry

I see your test from yesterday 7/8/2010 looks very good. If you don't mind can you do at least 3 more tests so I can update your ticket and verify your speed issues.
robry
Premium Member
join:2007-04-07
Bellefonte, PA

robry

Premium Member

Tim,

I will speed test tomorrow a few times throughout the day and contact you and lisa via PM when I do. I just ran a test now, but I have my router connected, only saw mid 5mbit speeds. I did also switch the modem from a dlink to a motorola surfboard 6120. I'll be in touch tomorrow.

Ryan