spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pope411
join:2005-02-18
Santa Barbara, CA

pope411

[DSL] Switching From Verizon with Westell E90-610015-06 Modem

I'm about to switch from dry-loop Verizon DSL to dry-loop DSL Extreme. I have my Verizon supplied modem, the Westell E90-610015-06 Rev G and I'd like to make sure it would work as it is not on the list of routers I see on the DSL Extreme site. I searched and found two posts, the first saying "probably", and the second one suggests that as long as it is older than Rev J it should work too:

»Modem Assistance

»Re: Approved Modem List

If no one knows for sure I guess I can try it out and then add it to the approved list if it works.

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

Re: [DSL] Switching From Verizon with Westell E90-610015-06 Mode

Hi pope411 -

I have not personally used that modem, but as we are utilizing the same lines / DSLAMS as Verizon, if the modem is working today there shouldn't be a reason why it wouldn't work with our systems. It does appear that the modem was specifically designed by Westell for Verizon. The only concern would be if they locked the modem down to only work with their network which is very rare. You should be in good shape.

Thanks

CCarson
join:2001-07-22
Redlands, CA

CCarson to pope411

to pope411
I'm currently using a Westell F90-610015-06 and it works magnificently. It's Verizon's circuits and equipment, so any modem that worked for you before on Verizon's systems should continue to work on Verizon's systems (even if it's DSLX that's now handling the administrative stuff).
pope411
join:2005-02-18
Santa Barbara, CA

pope411

Hey thanks for the speedy replies. I am going to go ahead and switch over with the confidence my modem will do the trick. Thanks.