Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to talz13

Premium Member

to talz13

Re: Are there any carriers left

I think I'm going to move to Sprint, but I haven't decided yet. I have a family plan from AT&T now, 4 phones, only one of which has the $30 a month data plan. I looked into Sprint, and all 4 phones could have unlimited data for exactly what AT&T charges now. The only problem is coverage: if you want to see Sprint's coverage in my area, just look at a map of major highways, the coverage follows them exactly and doesn't go much further. All the same, AT&T's practices and bs like in the article above makes me want to switch...

Decisions, decisions.

del ftl
@comcast.net

del ftl

Anon

Tmobile has coverage in your city, even 3G coverage.

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium Member
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
·Verizon FiOS
Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

TamaraB

Premium Member

Yes! Not only that, but unlimited voice, text, and data is cheaper at T-Mo's $79.00/Mo than AT&T's $59.00 for 900 Minutes +rollover (which I use), $30.00 for unlimited data and $5.00 for 200 texts. In the end I pay $114.00/Mo for CRAP! With the caps in place, the price will certainly go UP! Screw them!!

It's T-Mo with the Nexus One in august!

Oh! And tethering is STANDARD on the Nexus one (as is Flash and an UNLOCKED phone) and is only available on AT&T for an additional $30.00/Mo NO FLASH though and phone remains locked!

I wonder how many folks will do the same?

Bob
kem09030
join:2004-11-29
Rushville, IL

kem09030 to TheBionic

to TheBionic
Sprint works pretty good in that area. Of course it all depends on your exact location and where you go. The maps are off a bit on the signal strength. Especially around Holts Summit as that area has great signal since they added some panels on a tower there. Lake of the Ozarks has a few weak spots. Those are mostly on the west side of the lake along 54 and around the Roach area (phone still works outside signal is just very weak). Hwy 5 Between Camdenton and Lebanon is roaming but it isn't bad as EVDO is available. Hwy 50 is covered very well to the west of Jefferson City but not so well to the east as the maps show. Sprint has some work to do but I really don't have many problems with them around that area. I roam off the beaten path but it isn't a big deal since I never hear anything from them, even when I use all of my minutes off network for months at a time. It all depends on the locations you use it in which is what the trial is for.