spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Poser
join:2002-07-28

Poser

How to check firmware on cable modem?

Is it posted on the sticker somewhere?

I have an old Scientific Atlanta - DPX2100, Teksavvy says the 1.1 firmware is approved on their list.

So where is the firmware posted on the modem, or do I have to boot it up and connect it to my computer?

Another question, the DC adapter has been separated somehow from the box that the modem was in. Is it okay to go to the source or some another electronic shop and buy an average 12vDC adapter??

Thanks folks!

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by Poser:

Is it posted on the sticker somewhere?

I have an old Scientific Atlanta - DPX2100, Teksavvy says the 1.1 firmware is approved on their list.

So where is the firmware posted on the modem, or do I have to boot it up and connect it to my computer?

Another question, the DC adapter has been separated somehow from the box that the modem was in. Is it okay to go to the source or some another electronic shop and buy an average 12vDC adapter??

Thanks folks!

Firmware is probably only if you connect to a computer.

To answer your power question, you'll need to know the polarity of the plug, the voltage and the amps required by the modem. I'd go to the SA website and look up the specs, otherwise you could have a fried modem, or worse, an electric shock that could potentially kill you. Be careful, no 12vdc off the shelf may work because it may be 6v, or a 9v adapter, or something wonky, or the amperage may be off or the polarity of the plug may be off, again, be careful.

Poser

Poser

Thanks - I will investigate further.

Rickkins
join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada

Rickkins to Poser

to Poser
said by Poser:

Thanks folks!
Here's what you need to know.
Polarity will be displayed like this...(example only)

What ever your device requires, the pict-o-gram MUST match exactly, whatever it is.
Voltage needs to match exactly.
Amperage...basically so long as youy new adapter has at least the amperage required, it will be fine. Example...a 2amp adapter will operate a device that needs 1 amp just fine, as the device itself will not 'ask' for more than 1 amp, and the adapter will not deliver more amperage than asked for.(it's different than volts...)
bjlockie
join:2007-12-16
Ontario

bjlockie to Poser

to Poser
Get the firmware version by connecting to your computer:
»Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »Viewing the Modem's Signal Levels, Firmware Version & Log Entries
bjlockie

bjlockie to Poser

to Poser
»www.sciatl.com/products/ ··· 100B.pdf

Poser

Poser to Rickkins

to Rickkins
Thanks. Mine looks like that but the lines in the middle that connect the - and + are not connected.

Rickkins
join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada

Rickkins

said by Poser:

Thanks. Mine looks like that but the lines in the middle that connect the - and + are not connected.
Well, they wouldn't be connected, as that would be a short...