Search similar:

uniqs

focuspuller
join:2002-03-17
Alburtis, PA

1 edit

focuspuller

FlEEing The Fees

This is now the last of my four former Vonage Lines.

FEES ARE JUST AN INCREASE IN PRICE!!!

Pulled 4 lines in the last six months...I'm now FEE FREE

8 Plus years with Vonage....They FEE-d me out

* Porting from: VONAGE
* Name on phone bill: FEE FREE FEE FREE
* Account #: NO FEES

Step Completed Comments
Order received Received order on Jun 10, 2010
Information verified Your porting info was verified on Jun 12, 2010
Port initiated Number port is estimated to complete on Jun 28, 2010
Port scheduled for completion Your port is scheduled to complete on Jun 28, 2010
Port completed
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

Re: Fleeing The Fees

Who did you go with?

focuspuller
Alburtis, PA

focuspuller

OOMA....

Found a Hub and Scout with the old TOS....NO FEES EVER

burgerwars
join:2004-09-11
Northridge, CA

burgerwars to focuspuller

to focuspuller
My number ported out from Vonage today (it went to VoicePulse). I then called Vonage to cancel. They asked me why, and I said "THE FEES!" One I pointed out was the intellectual property fee. I told them they should be honest and if they're going to put part of the monthly cost in bogus fees, it should be stated as part of the monthly cost instead.

They thanked me for being a customer, closed my account, and said I'm welcome to come back in the future.
WA 425
join:2006-08-19
Lynnwood, WA

WA 425

said by burgerwars:

My number ported out from Vonage today (it went to VoicePulse). I then called Vonage to cancel. They asked me why, and I said "THE FEES!" One I pointed out was the intellectual property fee. I told them they should be honest and if they're going to put part of the monthly cost in bogus fees, it should be stated as part of the monthly cost instead.

They thanked me for being a customer, closed my account, and said I'm welcome to come back in the future.
You didn't even need to call them. Unlike many other VoIP providers, Vonage automatically cancels your account when you port your number out.

burgerwars
join:2004-09-11
Northridge, CA

burgerwars

But it's still good to cancel. There's no guarantee that Vonage won't "forget" and then continue to bill for eternity.

focuspuller
Alburtis, PA

focuspuller

Re: FlEEing The Fees

Called Vonage to cancel shortly after the port was completed.

The rep was very nice and asked why I was leaving after 4 years...I told here the "FEES".

Then said my D-Link would go offline within 24 hours.

This is the e-mail to confirm my cancel:

" We're writing to confirm the terms you discussed with our Account Management representative on 07/02/2010 to continue your service on the following plan:

Residential Premium Unlimited Plan

This plan is associated with the phone number(s) listed above.

As discussed, you'll continue to be charged a monthly fee of $24.99 on the following plan:

Residential Premium Unlimited Plan

Your next billing date is 07/25/2010. "

Well the card on file is a one time use credit card from PayPal.....They can't charge it again.

So cancel means you want to extend your service with Vonage....NOT
voiptalk
join:2010-04-10
Gainesville, VA
MikroTik RB750G
Cisco DPC3941

2 edits

voiptalk to focuspuller

to focuspuller
Back when I was a customer on a business plan, I added the free fax line. After I got the confirmation email, I called the number and somebody answered. The guy said he had ported the number away from Vonage over a year ago and this wasn't the first time they had assigned the number to somebody. I contacted Vonage and they assigned me a good number.

Also, when I canceled service after 5 years due to the fee explosion, I called to cancel a week after the number port was complete (to voip.ms). My account was still active and they had no record of my number being ported away.

Anyway, I'd recommend always calling to cancel your service and don't assume everything will be automatically taken care of.