All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

PunkGod
join:2003-02-02

PunkGod

need help recovering password

Forgot my password to my Cisco 831 router. I'm using Windows Vista. Using Telnet, I hit the o key then I enter the IP address and it ask me for my username and password. I forgot both of these so I can't get into my router at all. Resetting the router and hitting the break key won't work because I can't get into the router at all.
mocah
join:2003-04-11
Slovenia

1 edit

mocah

Connect computer and router with console cable then
follow the link:
»www.cisco.com/en/US/prod ··· bc.shtml

PunkGod

1 edit

PunkGod

That isn't going to work. I already know about that. To be able to do that I would need the router prompt in telnet, which I can't get too unless I enter my username and password. Both of which I forgot.

Note to self: Always write these things down.
jmillermo
join:2010-05-02
Tokyo, Japan

jmillermo to PunkGod

to PunkGod
I understand losing your password... but your Username too!?

Do a search for cisco 831 password recovery

phantasm11b
Premium Member
join:2007-11-02

1 recommendation

phantasm11b to PunkGod

Premium Member

to PunkGod
said by PunkGod:

That isn't going to work. I already know about that. To be able to do that I would need the router prompt in telnet, which I can't get too unless I enter my username and password. Both of which I forgot.

Note to self: Always write these things down.
You don't have physical access to the device? Because the password recovery process will work with physical access to the device. All it is is a reboot, break, change confreg value and reboot again.

Is this your device?

PunkGod

PunkGod

Thanks for the help. I also asked this question over at ciscos forums and a user jogged my memory. Finally got everything fixed.