AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Jack_in_VA
not doing too good lately

is it possible I'm at 1xRTT instead of EVDOa ?
--
standard disclaimers apply.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
That's way higher than 1XRtt. That's typical tower loading speeds. I see 300 some times.

Look back at some of the previous postings and you'll see they are all over the place.

mojo1

join:2006-12-05
Victoria, TX
reply to Jack_in_VA
Tethered via USB instead of WiFi.

v_lestat
The Blood Is The Life

join:2002-11-09
reply to Jack_in_VA
wow i sure wish i got 1/2 what the worst of you got.
90% of the time i am lucky to get 150kb/sec down but get 500-700kb/sc upload.

sometimes on the weekend i can pull 1meg down but this is only during the evening hours.

by the way, i live in cedar rapids, ia.. do NOT get sprint here.... ever ever ever...

i have sat as a passenger in a car and their speedtest.net results are like an ex girlfriend, one minute the want a booty call and the next they are hating your guts....
ie; within a 1-3 block radios, open sky no obstructions i can get SEVERAL hundred kb./sec difference.

there are several locations where whom ever mapped out their network on their site for cedar rapids obviously did NOT test it,,, where i work, 8-10 hours a day, monday thru friday i have a whopping 30-60k of data... yes you read that right 0.03-0.06Mb/sec .... i didnt realize that buying the HTC EVO and using sprint allowed me to have my own personal 56k MODEM!
not only that but their signal is so weak (even though i have full bars) that 2 feet inside the door at my office i go into roaming.
oh yeah... i have faster roaming data when it works, than i do off the sprint network most of the time.

for 2 months now, since starting with sprint, i have gotten a $30 credit to my account and i have warned them that i will call each and ever month until they fix it because their service map is lieing, and i reuse to pay for a service i can not use.

i dropped ATT for this, and in cedar rapids, ATT is smoking fast 1.5Mb/sec almost anytime day or night. even inside the same building i work at where i instantly start roaming.

i hate spring and i hate myself even more for switching to them.
--
System Specs
Intel Q9650 Quad Core @ 3.85ghz Water Cooled
DFI X48 T2RSB Plus - 2gb OCZ PC9200 Reapers -SB X-Fi -8800 GTX 768meg
Logitech Z5300 THX 5.1 spk
Dell 2407 LCD and Dell 2007 LCD

W4DRA
D a v e

join:2003-06-02
Dunnellon, FL
reply to Jack_in_VA

--
® D A V E ®
Sprint Mobile Broadband
Sierra Aircard 598U on a 14 element yagi antenna at 35 foot. Feed with LMR-400

Jack_in_VA
Premium
North, VA
reply to Jack_in_VA

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
reply to v_lestat
did you complain to Sprint?
--
standard disclaimers apply.

Dcdude

join:2009-12-29

1 edit
reply to Jack_in_VA
v_lestat, you may want to try verizon they have the droid x now which i hear is pretty good. remember, a cellphone is only as good as the network it's on, i too had att before sprint (with the iphone) and coming from the iphone i have definitely learned that leason, sprint is way better for me for both voice and data, where i am. 4g is pretty close to me also...

powerspec88
Premium
join:2007-03-11
Independence, MO
reply to Jack_in_VA

Jack_in_VA
Premium
North, VA
reply to Jack_in_VA
Got this. Now if I can just keep it connected