All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

bbwithdrawls
join:2008-08-30
Vanleer, TN

bbwithdrawls

Farewell ISDN and Good Riddance(anyone need 3 com Pro TA-2)

like most of you I have researched, experimented and did everything I could do to get decent bandwidth to no avail , been stuck with ISDN for almost 5 years because there is nothing else,

I tried millenicom for a while with an antenna and amp but as soon as the leaves came in good my signal went to crap , ( there is an excellent forum here on it and Jim in Va has a website that tells all )

well I finally bit the bullet and ordered a T1 , it took about 110 days they had to install 13 repeaters between me and the CO but I finally got it and let me tell you its the cats ass

if anyone wants info on it ill tell you were i got it in an IM but its 430 mth , I got rid of a 86 month Att phone bill, ISDN to the tune of 45 mth and MSN dialup 18.95 a month , blockbuster 20.00 mth so I'm well on my way to paying for it

anyone need a couple 3 com pro TA 's ?/ if so IM me and ill make you a good deal you cant refuse , make me an offer

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker

Premium Member

So your paying 430 dollars a month for a T1. That is a good step up, but it seems rather expensive. I see them advertised now for like 280 per month.

Did you check out all carriers?

bbwithdrawls
Vanleer, TN

bbwithdrawls

lot of research and shopping , yes i saw all the the advertisements for 290from speakeasy and others , its a get you on the phone price and they came back with 600 mth , try it for yourself get a quote from several here at the isp bs2b forum or call the ones doing the low ball ad

DataRiker
Premium Member

4 edits

DataRiker

Premium Member

Hmm...some people on this site are getting sub 300 dollar T1's. I guess it just depends on a lot of factors though.

Also I'm assuming 3G or some equivalent is not available in your area? You could buy plans from all 3 major providers and come out cheaper.

Also, did you look into bonded S-DSL? Some of the smaller companies still do this for 23,000+ reaches, even when DSL is not
typically available in your area.

bbwithdrawls
Vanleer, TN

1 edit

bbwithdrawls

i appreciate the thoughts but I,ve already done this and am not complaining one bit , i am happy with the service and the costs , as a network engineer trust me i researched all the options from a dry pair to vsat to bonding 4 isdn lines together , i am 38000 ft from the co

I fell for the speakeasy 279 mth add , and called , it was 600.00 don't believe me try it yourself , there are a lot of factors involved, distance from co and area, downtown Nashville or Boston you might get 279 mth , but in any residential area I doubt it ,

i had 3g thru millenicom for about 8 mths and the rules changed , i had unlimited,, went to 5 gb , watch the forums here and the 3g rules are changing almost weekly , i have no caps , no limitations and if i want to download movies all day and night i can

again i am very happy with it and thought id share my experiences here , i have done this so i know what Im talking about vs armchair quarterbacking after the fact

use the isp b2b forum here and get your quotes , if you can get a T1 for 279 grab 2 , I would , unfortunately i got mine for the best price for my area and i love it

after i got my T1 i told ATT home phone service @86mth to take a hike and purchased a 2 yr phone power VOIP service and it comes to about 8 .00 mth for better service , more features

tell you what , get your best quote on the isp b2b forum here on dslrports , then give this guy a shout ,S. Sullivan [info@teleservpro.com] he'll take care of you

side note these ISDN forums are really dead , maybe we can put my 2 3com isdn TA's on here and start really really low say 5.00 and just have us a good ole fashion auction to see how many still lurk here , i have no use for them and dont plan on going back

DataRiker
Premium Member

3 edits

DataRiker

Premium Member

Yes, i see. Don't need a T1 fortunately I have 20 meg down / 3 meg up cable.

Do you have the T1 line yet?
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

cramer to bbwithdrawls

Premium Member

to bbwithdrawls
said by bbwithdrawls:

I fell for the speakeasy 279 mth add , and called , it was 600.00 don't believe me try it yourself
I did. And I'm paying $279/mo. No, I don't live out in the sticks. Yes, I had an ISDN line for 11 years. (now using DSL/cable)

Sure, you're now 24x faster. But, by modern standards, you're still "dialup" slow. The speed is making you very happy right now, but it'll wear off in a few months. (for example, my coworkers were rather disappointed when verizon figured out how to set our DS3 to 6M, which is what it's supposed to be.)

(When did ISDN in TN become so expensive? TN always had the dirt cheapest ISDN service ever.... $28 when the rest of the world was 80+)

DataRiker
Premium Member

1 edit

DataRiker

Premium Member

Yes there are several members on this forum getting T1' s for about 250 dollars a month.

I'm not sure what exact problems the OP ran into.

I'm always fascinated by these cases where people are unfortunately unable to get residential broadband. Its very unfortunate but I would like to know the details.
rm12577
join:2010-01-16
Elgin, TX

rm12577 to bbwithdrawls

to bbwithdrawls
Good for you, I am still stuck with two forms of internet costing me 120 a month, my isdn for large item downloads and a verizon mifi with a 450 dollar cell phone booster attached to my room, I also had a 900 mhz fixed point with a 50 foot tower but it went down every night when the trees got cold and was spotty throughout the day anyways... wish I could afford a T1 so at least I wouldnt be trying everything possible to manage bandwidth and caps...