uniqs

DracoFelis
Premium Member
join:2003-06-15

1 recommendation

DracoFelis

Premium Member

Found a site that appears to have TVoIP links

I haven't played with it much (so YMMV), but I just recently found a web site that I thought other TVoIP members might find useful:
»www.spreety.com

Apparently spreety doesn't even try to license/host their own video content. Instead, they are trying to be an online directory of other site's content. So you can use spreety to search for a show you are interested in, and then just follow the link to whoever is (legally) streaming that show. For example, when I looked up the old "Wonder Woman" show, spreety pointed me directly to the WB's web site, on the page to view that TV program from the 70s.

So on one level spreety isn't doing anything we can't (in theory) do ourselves, by simply maintaining shortcuts in our web browsers. However, I also know that it can sometimes be a challenge to find all the useful content out on the web. So I think a site maintaining a directory of other content (which is what spreety seems to be trying to do) might very well be of some use.

prestonlewis
Premium Member
join:2003-04-13
Sacramento, CA

prestonlewis

Premium Member

I like it. It sure saves a lot of time and trouble in locating full episodes that are legal.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious to DracoFelis

Premium Member

to DracoFelis
I have to admit I really like their categories page but overall, I'll stick with Boxee for my online video needs (not that it's not perfect but for 10' viewing, I prefer it).

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane to DracoFelis

Numquam oblita

to DracoFelis
Thanks for the info
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04