MVM
join:2005-11-06
Powell, WY
MikroTik CCR1036-8G-2S+
MikroTik hAP AC

koolkid1563

MVM

Cablecard

Anyone have experience with cablecards on Bresnan's service? I called and asked if they have cablecards and they said yes, but I would like to know if anyone has actually used one through Bresnan. I know the DCH STBs that Bresnan uses have an M card installed at the factory, but I am interested in third party hardware. If so, how much is the monthly charge for the card, do they lease M cards or just S cards, and how did the installation go (self or truck roll required)?

Just put in a preorder for Ceton's Digital Cable Quad Tuner PC Card...hoping for the best...
koolkid1563

koolkid1563

MVM

Looks like it costs $1.99/mo to lease a cablecard from Bresnan. Since I only need one cablecard to handle the quad tuner that would be saving me $28.01/mo (instead of 2 dual tuner DVRs at $15/mo each)...Should equal out the cost of the tuner in about 14 and a half months. Not too terribly bad I guess, should be worth it though I think. Won't be back in Butte till mid August, currently have my inet on seasonal so will upgrade when I get there.