spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed view:
normal
« Picked Up A Corsair K70...
prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 417 · 418 · 419 · 420 · 421 · 422 ... 512 · 513 · 514 · next

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to f0rtys3ven

Re: League of Legends

said by f0rtys3ven:

I wanna play some Zyra.

I picked her up and have played premades the whole time since.

Must find solo q time.

I was underwhelmed by Zyra. Seems like an underpowered Heimerdinger. In fact, after playing her a few games when she was free, I was inspired to buy Heimerdinger.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to TheThing

spend my last 6300 on voli, and was underwhelmed with him... just not my style

dont want to make another 6300 mistake

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to footballdude

I was inspired by her 60% win rate in ranked on lol king.

One of the few mid mages.

She brings AoE CC and good dmg which is a hard combo to find. Out side of Kennen and Gragas the list is pretty small.

How were you playing/building her?
--
Leaning out a window with a cocked shotgun. Driving up the block in the car they shot Pac in. Looking for Big's killers. Dressing ridiculous. Blue and red like I don't know what the big deal is.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to TheThing

Underwhelmed by voli?

Did you ever get fed?

I have WTF pwnd soo many bot lanes with a voli support its not funny.

Flip + Slow is soo redic. If theres any dmg behind you that guy is dead.

TheThing

maybe I have to give him annother shot, when I did play him, i just didn't like his style... probably didnt give him enough time

dammit, as Kristopher said yesterday, now you've given me the itch to go home early and try voli support, damn you 47!

Besice

join:2011-06-16
Tempe, AZ
reply to f0rtys3ven

I would run with a buddy bot lane as Wukong and him as Voli. At lvl 2 was pretty much first blood. That was just a nasty flip+slow and damage/ac reduction with the nimbus strike for the flashers.

It was a lot of fun.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to TheThing

If you don't like signed Voli plays similar.

More focus on health than signed though.

Warmog rush is best I think.
Sunfire, Frozen, Wits, Mercs, Banshees
Can I get some comments on this from someone who has played him more recently ?

Team fights are basically run in flip somekind of important target slow hit R and just keep attacking anything. If you see someone low execute.
--
Leaning out a window with a cocked shotgun. Driving up the block in the car they shot Pac in. Looking for Big's killers. Dressing ridiculous. Blue and red like I don't know what the big deal is.

TheThing

I'd probably end up accidentally tossng Malphite or Ali... LOL

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

If you want a 6300IP top look at Jayce.

Others that are fun at 6300IP are Nautalis or Shyvana.

Besice

Tempe, AZ

Singed, Nasus, Malph are all good top lane champs.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Nasus is so hard to recommend now adays though.

Yea a fed nasus can win a game by himself but the enemy knows this and he gets crushed against anyone with a good early game.

But this gives me an idea.

What if we run nasus top in our tower pushing strat?

Can you think of a better way to keep the jungler away from the top lane? And we can lol 4 shot towers late with the rengar.

Something to think about.
--

TheThing

reply to Besice

I have my top all set... Garen/Morde/Nasus

I'm still searching for a bot support that I love, before I dare dabble in ranked again

Nautalis support work well? That sounds VERY interesting

I pretty much refuse to run heal support at bot, I want to run a kill support at bot

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

I'd go for a really sick Janna. She can change a late-game with her blow-apart ult that will heal the team and separate the enemies. It's a delicate balance between utility and damage or Janna gets completely ignored.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Besice

Tempe, AZ
reply to TheThing

Nasus is a beast up top especially if he gets left alone. He can still farm his Q under his own turret also so thats no big deal. He would probably be very good on the tower team with his Q beasting it down.

Naut is a decent support but I like other supports more myself. He is a good jungle also once you get him down.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to TheThing

With Ali Blitz being auto bans almost now a days hes the mini blitz.

Pull, slow, ult does the knock up.

Also think about picking up a poke support as well. Nid does well here and with a Varus,sivir, or cait you can poke really really well.
Our team runs kill lanes bot ALOT, KrisT loves sustain lanes but we almost never run a poke bot but it is effective especially against kill lanes that you can widdle down while being safe.

I listened to Chauster talk about bots and its a little bit like rock paper scissors.

Sustain beats poke.
Poke beats kill.
Kill beats sustain.

Assuming perfect play.
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to Archivis

Click for full size
For Besice

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

I like how the introduction of honor all of a sudden everyone now says GL HF and GG WP.

I still like to shut down trolls and baddies and generally still get thumbs because of it.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

liquoranne

join:2009-01-14
reply to Archivis

Click for full size
The mid Cho in action. Actually...was kinda mid/top/mid cho...our talon struggled vs jar so i swapped...then talon struggled vs grag...so i swapped back...neither jar nor grag can stop the stacking!

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to Kristopher

I had chasers.

Sry I couldn't carry a little better. I got caught out a few times that game again. Those blasted chasers didn't ever give us more than 1 or 2 good team fights.

5 premades are soooo much better.

So my Ziggs is falling of late game and I am not sure why. I'll be over 500 ap and my ult just tickles everyone. Going to be switchin to all MPEN quints and reds to try and scale. I really really like the 3 dorans start but I think it slows my build down too much. I could have almost a full build by 35 - 40 min without them. Thinking of starting Athena's. It has the mana I need the CDR I have been neglecting in my build and MR to make me tankier in early game. Deathcap followed by Ryials to finish the core.
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to liquoranne

Your very close to convincing me I need to try this. I still have to learn Zyra and would like to learn Urgot so I have a que but Cho has been added to it!

liquoranne

Cho is a very fun champ that can be built a few ways. Thats why i like him. Depending on your team comp and theirs, he fits in many roles. Its fun building a few items, and with my masteries and runes just laughing at the enemy ap carry as they tickle you. Then you just combo and chomp on their head for most of their HP. When an enemy veig says Cho combo's too hard you know ur getting somewhere. Plus in team fights, he has two great CC's and suprisingly good damage. Plus chomp their carry and they will be running for cover as fast as possible, turning it into a 4v5 (even if you dont score the kill).

Morg has been the only champ ive had a lot of issues with. She has great sustain and the shield of hers absorbs alot. And by issues i dont mean she pushed me outta lane. It was just hard building stacks from eating her head.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

She pushes everyone out.

Bait the shield. When it falls off combo.

liquoranne

reply to Archivis

yea, its not impossible, just hard to do. The morg i laned against was fairly passive but good. She distance cleared minion waves with her pool then sat back. She said later she didnt want to trade with me. I built a few MR items so her damage was really lack luster against me. Was basically a stalemate until our fed rengar jungler came in and helped push.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

1 edit

Ah.

Yea I have never had issues with her dmg even if she gets me in a bind. As Kass I just lvl my e second and philo stone so I can stay in lane and farm faster. It just that ult.

Block did you see my farm numbers from the Ziggs game?

I doubled everyone in the game I think. Still couldn't carry but I felt good about the farm.
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Kristopher

said by Kristopher:

For Besice

Good games last night, the previous game I got to "god mode" Amumu after a slow start, the game KrisT posted was rough on bot side but we got "god mode" Singed and he was able to carry us to victory.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Singed has a broad back.

Bot was rough. I didn't expect lux to take my cs. Nor tower dive. We're too squishy for that, I think. Lucky their Blitz could only pull her 1 out of every 4 attemps.

It's better for me to not go bot with a pug. You guys know my passive play style, and we work well together. Most pugs think the kill is number one priority, and end up dying to try and get it. I can support a pug, but again, so freaking aggressive. Long as you farm, and punish enemy mistakes, you steamroll by mid to late game. It's simple. Every game where I can farm, poke, and kill when the enemy overreaches; I become supercait.

Maybe I should try a different lane? I'm either the jungler, bot support, or ADC. I know you guys prefer mid and top (Block, forty, besice, antonica), so I generally leave those spots alone.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

I love playing Graves Taric or Graves Blitz if you would wanna Karthus or another mid. I can play Graves all day now. For some reason working on stutter stepping is entertaining to me.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

I didn't mean you guys like it all the time, but out of the four mentioned, one goes top and one goes mid.
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Yea but I like me some Karthus on my team or morgana.

We need more Karthus or Morgana in our lives.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

I karth mid, and rhyze. Have to practice more with morg. Just not used to her.
--